I was just wondering if anybody had any good ideas on how to get the dust out from under the screen IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!
    06-02-09 09:40 AM
    try using the search function and you will find many, many threads on this issue
    06-02-09 09:43 AM
    Do you have a screen protector on? If NOT, just grab a can of air and blow in it.
    06-02-09 09:43 AM
    Do you have a screen protector on? If NOT, just grab a can of air and blow in it.
    Be very careful with that -- canned air can just blow the dust even further under the screen
    06-02-09 09:45 AM
    I do have a screen cover but it seems like every day more and more dust gets in. Any suggestions on how to keep it out?
    06-02-09 09:48 AM
    compressed air does not work.

the only thing i've seen is to open the front screen and clear the dust off and when closing it seal around the screen with some sort of adhesive.
    06-02-09 09:52 AM
    compressed air does not work.

the only thing i've seen is to open the front screen and clear the dust off and when closing it seal around the screen with some sort of adhesive.
    What type of adhesive?
    06-02-09 09:33 PM
    I would say use a small low powered vacuum around the edges of the screen, while also pressing the opposite corners (if the vac is at the top right, you should be pressing the bottom left). circle around the screen doing this. If you have any material at all behind your battery door as a wedge, remove it first. This is the only method I have seen so far that has shown any results.
    I would just suggest taking it in for a warranty replacement, and just tell them you have a faulty dust seal, and you know there is no way to repair it in-store, but that it only gets worse.

SIDENOTE: For anyone that has had dust under their screens.. I have noticed that the batt door wedge, no matter what material you are using, helps with the seal behind the screen as well as a better click feel and response.
    06-02-09 10:41 PM
    Did u check my topic on this? It right above yours,towards the top.There is a link and all.Hope nthis helps.it did for mine.
    06-03-09 01:39 AM
    I did one of the ways suggested on You Tube. Good video.... I lifted the upper right corner of the screen and cleaned out the dust with a strip of fiber cloth. used same adheasive already there... I just make it a habbit when the phone is locked to run my finger around the edge of the screen to keep the adheasive holding.... it seems to me that the adheasive is the culprit. If it was a better bond between the two screens dust wouldn't get in there. The question is will RIM ever come up with a work around? This is the only example of poor workmanship that I've seen on the Storm that doesnt show up right away. Some have bought a new screen and put silicon (little) around the sandwitch screens to keep dust out... for $99, unless out of warranty this option seems expensive. Good luck. Oh, and the couple of specks of dust I couldnt remove with the cloth..... I used canned air spray to blow the particle away from the middle... it went to the bottom of the screen and got stuck on the adheasive there.... lucky shot.
    06-03-09 04:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD