Ok I have been searching for weeks on this issue. I have a large amount of dusk gathering under my screen on my storm. I have tried air cans, blowing at it, shaking it, and other stupid ideas that do not work.

I have seen that people put full screen protectors on it to stop it from going under the screen but my issue is that the dust is already there!

Please someone give me a good solution to this issue. I know its WELL KNOWN issue but someone has to have a cure out there!

Thanks
    01-26-09 10:30 PM
    Replacement? Some phones have this issue and some don't. Bad QC.
    01-26-09 10:50 PM
    yeah but I know how the stores work.... since I work in one... they are not going to be so willing to replace it for that. and plus if you do get one that will not have any dust under the screen, it will most likely have a sticky screen
    01-26-09 10:52 PM
    I have this issue as well. I stuck a razor under the screen and popped it off. Wiped the dust off and wa-la dust was gone. BlackBerry was pretty much gone too. Kidding. I have some dust under mine too. Not much but just enough for me to notice. I'm a self proclaimed neat freak. So it bugs me too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-09 10:55 PM
    The dust got so bad in mine that it was unbearable. If I went to a site like CB and didnt zoom in on text I couldnt read it cause the specs of dust were so bad, not to mention watching a video became annoying cause it looked like there were a 100 dead pixels on the screen. I finally had enough when the screens click function started to go. Trust me call CS and dont go to the store. The VZW reps dont care about your dust or faulty clicks, you can read my story in the rants and raves section.
    01-26-09 11:01 PM
    BS they aren't willing to replace it! It is NOT supposed to get dust there and is there for defective! I loved my first Storm until the dust, called VW and they sent another. Have had it three weeks and upon opening there was a piece of dust but no more has gotten in. As long as it doesn't distract from your personal experience with the phone then keep it. If it bothers you, then get another one.

My new Storm will have to be pried out of my hands. Dust isn't an issue and it clicks and runs like a champ.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-09 11:05 PM
    see they it runs the risk of getting a crappy running storm or a really good running storm.... what to do...what to do
    01-26-09 11:13 PM
    The dust under the screen is the only thing bugging me about the Storm. I hesitate to get a new one because I don't want a refurb.
    Anyone know how to take it apart and clean it?
    01-27-09 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD