I got my storm yesterday and now notice that there is a tiny piece of dust under my screen near the top left corner. Because of its position it isn't noticeable, it usually blends in with that black border. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anything I can do about it? I was thinking of maybe trying compressed air. Sorry if this has been posted before, I did a search but didn't find anything similar. Thanks in advance
    11-22-08 10:26 PM
    I got my storm yesterday and now notice that there is a tiny piece of dust under my screen near the top left corner. Because of its position it isn't noticeable, it usually blends in with that black border. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anything I can do about it? I was thinking of maybe trying compressed air. Sorry if this has been posted before, I did a search but didn't find anything similar. Thanks in advance
    Mine will be in 7 to 10 days... OR December 15th it will ship.. They aren't to sure.

But from playing with demo like a kid in Toys R Us there is a huge gap for dust to get into this screen.. if you have a digital camera see if there is a macro mode(usually has a flower in the picture) for VERY close up shots... see if you can take a pic for us. I will usually have this in my jean pocket so pocket "dust" is going to happen.

I don't have it yet.. but you can see this will def collect dust and dirt.
    11-22-08 10:51 PM
    I have 2 small particles under my screen. Not anything overly annoying but still...frustrating.
    11-22-08 10:55 PM
    Just make sure you dont put it in your pocket. After playing with the Storm yesterday, I can see how easy it could be for dust/lint to get under the screen.
    11-22-08 11:12 PM
    so i guess i should buy a belt clip for my storm so i dont get dust in it. Hmmm i think thats one of the bad things on the storm that i saw when i played with one is that it has that gap near the bottom where the buttons are. Either way i cant wait to get mine.
    11-22-08 11:14 PM
    I was kind of surprised by this. In the Ghost Armour thread the GA rep said he had talked to a RIM rep that said regardless of the gap everything was sealed up inside. This was in reference to a question about applying the GA and worries about liquid getting inside the screen. Apparently it's not sealed up very well since I can also see the backlight seeping through the edges.
    11-22-08 11:23 PM
    hmm.... its not sealed .. he lied to make some sells .
    11-22-08 11:41 PM
    my worries is now when I installed GA or IS the extra water will get in the gap
    11-22-08 11:48 PM
    Mine will be in 7 to 10 days... OR December 15th it will ship.. They aren't to sure.

But from playing with demo like a kid in Toys R Us there is a huge gap for dust to get into this screen.. if you have a digital camera see if there is a macro mode(usually has a flower in the picture) for VERY close up shots... see if you can take a pic for us. I will usually have this in my jean pocket so pocket "dust" is going to happen.

I don't have it yet.. but you can see this will def collect dust and dirt.
    I did take a picture where you could see the dust particle in macro mode, but I realized my memory card adapter is misplaced I guess if its bound to happen there might be no sense in having the unit replaced. I do not keep the unit in my pocket, its most often in my purse.

My other fear is that I go in to have it replaced and there are not units available. That seems a likely situation being that the Best Buy I got it from didn't even have enough to cover the pre-orders and every other verizon in the area sold out as soon as they opened their doors.

I also just ordered an Invisible Shield for the unit and am also worried about liquid getting under the screen. I hope someone can chime in regarding that issue.
    11-22-08 11:53 PM
    this is the same thing I was thinking.

my worries is now when I installed GA or IS the extra water will get in the gap
    11-22-08 11:53 PM
    Well you'll never know until somebody applies the stuff, right? You people are a bunch a worry warts. It's not like you're gpnna drench the screen and film with the liquid. You just need enough so you can move the film around and get it aligned with the screen. Just a light mist. And besides the liquid evaporates quickly, and i believe you're suppose to let it sit for a good while before you turn the storm on. Like overnight, while you're asleep. So I'm not worried about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 12:09 AM
    are you people sure that the dust isnt just under the protective layer on the screen? (yes there is a layer on the screen right out of the box)
    11-23-08 12:30 AM
    are you people sure that the dust isnt just under the protective layer on the screen? (yes there is a layer on the screen right out of the box)

Yes, I peeled that layer back to see if it was just something on the outside. Its definitely under the glass
    11-23-08 12:32 AM
    The pre-installed screen protector is what you're referring to as the glass. There is no way dust can get inside the screen so that you could visually see it while looking down at your screen.
    11-23-08 12:46 AM
    There is definitely something between the actual screen and the pre-installed protector then. Sorry for the confusion!
    11-23-08 12:56 AM
    Just take it off. It's not a great quality protector anyway.
    11-23-08 01:39 AM
    Dust has definitely gotten between the lens and the screen on my Storm. I have no idea how, because I keep mine in a holster. I just hope it doesn't get worse and worse. I don't think you can take the lens to clean this one like you can on the storm.
    11-23-08 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD