Okay, got some dust under the screen. Not really noticeable except for one spec that catches my eye every time I look at the screen. Really annoying. I don't have insurance. Is there anything RIM or Verizon will do for me? Thank you in advance.
    04-24-10 06:12 PM
    I use a can of compressed air to clean mine
    04-24-10 06:20 PM
    You might try looking at the 50 other threads that popped up when you started to type the title of this one.
    04-24-10 06:42 PM
    You might try looking at the 50 other threads that popped up when you started to type the title of this one.
    Yea MaaaaaaaAan! Waste of a post maaaaaaaaaaaaan! Use the search function maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! Thread lock maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! Big throbbing raging ban stick of death maaaaaaaaaaan! The thread czar says so maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! I need to post a post to your post cuz I am irritated at your post and my way better post will make up for your crummy post maaaaaaaaaaaaan! I have nothing better to do than bother people maaaaaaaaaaan! Actually I think I am helping them by pointing out their flaws in a caustic manner maaaaaaaaaaaaan! Your post about search function use has been already covered in a million bazzilion trillion friggin threads already and if you had just used the loser search function you would have known that the second you logged in cuz it would have told you so maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-10 07:07 PM
    Yea MaaaaaaaAan! Waste of a post maaaaaaaaaaaaan! Use the search function maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! Thread lock maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! Big throbbing raging ban stick of death maaaaaaaaaaan! The thread czar says so maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! I need to post a post to your post cuz I am irritated at your post and my way better post will make up for your crummy post maaaaaaaaaaaaan! I have nothing better to do than bother people maaaaaaaaaaan! Actually I think I am helping them by pointing out their flaws in a caustic manner maaaaaaaaaaaaan! Your post about search function use has been already covered in a million bazzilion trillion friggin threads already and if you had just used the loser search function you would have known that the second you logged in cuz it would have told you so maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Wow. :facepalm

04-24-10 09:38 PM
    Thanks for the constructive criticism ******. Just asking for an answer that could help a person with a problem. Sorry you had to go out of your obviously busy day to look at my post and put a response up. I hope I never bother you again.
    04-25-10 12:43 AM
    Please anyone that can give me advice would be greatly appreciated..
    04-25-10 12:49 AM
    +1 and I know it's there because I started one a while back. :P

04-25-10 02:02 AM
    +1 and I know it's there because I started one a while back. :P

So wouldn't it be just as easy to tell me what you ended up doing instead of saying "+1"??
    04-25-10 09:42 AM
    BTW just did a search found nothing in the S2 forums about dust under the screen.
    04-25-10 09:50 AM
    Please anyone that can give me advice would be greatly appreciated..
    Ok, speaking from experience - you're better off doing nothing unfortunately. In my opinion the only way to fix it is to take it apart and spray it with canned air. I used to take apart my curve and do it, but from what I've seen, it looks like it's a lot harder to take apart the storm and may ultimately be more damaging. Even if you try to fight with verizon to exchange it, you will always eventually get dust under the screen. Anyone who says they have no dust either hasn't looked closely enough or hasn't had their phone long enough. Especially if you keep it in your pocket, you will always get dust.

Some people recommend spraying the cracks with canned air or trying to vacuum it out. I think spraying air in the cracks forces more air in and vacuuming doesn't work.

Not trying to be a ****, but every phone I've ever had has gotten dust under it at one point or another. If the phone is otherwise ok, I would just live with it. Good luck.
    Last edited by murphy5111; 04-25-10 at 10:06 AM. Reason: can't believe you can't type the word j e r k
    04-25-10 10:06 AM
    Ok, speaking from experience - you're better off doing nothing unfortunately. In my opinion the only way to fix it is to take it apart and spray it with canned air. I used to take apart my curve and do it, but from what I've seen, it looks like it's a lot harder to take apart the storm and may ultimately be more damaging. Even if you try to fight with verizon to exchange it, you will always eventually get dust under the screen. Anyone who says they have no dust either hasn't looked closely enough or hasn't had their phone long enough. Especially if you keep it in your pocket, you will always get dust.

Some people recommend spraying the cracks with canned air or trying to vacuum it out. I think spraying air in the cracks forces more air in and vacuuming doesn't work.

Not trying to be a ****, but every phone I've ever had has gotten dust under it at one point or another. If the phone is otherwise ok, I would just live with it. Good luck.
    THANK YOU!!!! All I was asking for a was a simple answer. So I take it RIM won't do anything about it either then?
    04-25-10 10:14 AM
    THANK YOU!!!! All I was asking for a was a simple answer. So I take it RIM won't do anything about it either then?
    I can't say for sure but I don't think it is generally something that they would do something about. This is all just my opinion - I've read on here about people trying to take back their phone to verizon without luck, but maybe someone has been able to do it. I just think if you end up being able to return it somehow, it may last a month or so but you'll end back in the same situation. My last storm's headset speaker blew and I had dust in all four corners. I got a refurb (or maybe new one, not sure) and after a few weeks I notice dust again if I look closely.
    04-25-10 10:40 AM
    Thanks for the constructive criticism ******. Just asking for an answer that could help a person with a problem. Sorry you had to go out of your obviously busy day to look at my post and put a response up. I hope I never bother you again.
    I wasn't trying to get you all worked up, but the fact is, you ended up waiting for many hours before anyone started giving you suggestions. If you're looking for an answer to almost anything related to your phone, the quickest way to find it is by looking at what others did.
    04-25-10 10:52 AM
    I wasn't trying to get you all worked up, but the fact is, you ended up waiting for many hours before anyone started giving you suggestions. If you're looking for an answer to almost anything related to your phone, the quickest way to find it is by looking at what others did.
    Of course, but I don't see why it's a big deal if he wants to post a question about it what's the big deal? Like you said try looking at the "50" other posts, apparently he's not the only one who posted about this, so again why is it a big deal?
    This is a FORUMS site, so let it be a FORUM site, not a research site.
    Preciate it

Hoorah
    04-25-10 12:49 PM
    i work in highly dusty areas (construction sites) and i put my phone in a snack size zip loc when im at work i can still use it take phone calls text etc while in the bag and no it doesnt ruin the phone been doing this for years and it keeps my phone crispy with no dust under the screen at all other than that i dont think normal everyday life will cause lots of dust on your phone unless you dont clean your house lol
    04-25-10 01:14 PM
    I must say that CrackBerry to me has been a great place to find information since I switched to BlackBerry, but it is hard sometimes to read through all of the bullsh!t posts and sarcastic answers people give. Who gives a sh!t if he didnt research first, or maybe he did and did not have much luck. Either leave a constructive post or shut the F up and do not put anything at all. What a waste of everyones time to write all that crap that has nothing to do with the problem the op was trying to figure out. And to the op, I have had some luck with compressed air. There are some pieces of dust that I cannot seem to get out, but it does work a little. I use it to blast the dust out of the camera flash area too.
    04-25-10 01:44 PM
    I must say that CrackBerry to me has been a great place to find information since I switched to BlackBerry, but it is hard sometimes to read through all of the bullsh!t posts and sarcastic answers people give. Who gives a sh!t if he didnt research first, or maybe he did and did not have much luck. Either leave a constructive post or shut the F up and do not put anything at all. What a waste of everyones time to write all that crap that has nothing to do with the problem the op was trying to figure out. And to the op, I have had some luck with compressed air. There are some pieces of dust that I cannot seem to get out, but it does work a little. I use it to blast the dust out of the camera flash area too.
    lol dont you hate that USE THE SEARCH stfu sometimes theres 50 plus pages to search through sometimes you dont have enough time to read through all the bs but some people take their internets very serious! lol
    04-25-10 01:51 PM
    Silence all of you ! You continue to blaspheme the name of the search gods! So have they spoken so shall it be done maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! ( my storm two has yet to experience dust under the screen but I used compressed air on my storm one and it worked ok. Just don't use too much pressure.)

04-25-10 03:26 PM
    I have posted many times where others have posted the same thing. And I did read those posts but had no answer. So it really is no big deal if there are several other posts. Things happen and someone just wants an answer right away than waste there time searching.
    So anyways........ I never had this problem and don't have a fix. But.... anytime i work in my yard or cut the grass i use a ziplock for extra protection.
    And for those who get irritated because there are already threads or posts of the same subject....Chill out eh!!
    04-25-10 03:39 PM
    I have posted many times where others have posted the same thing. And I did read those posts but had no answer. So it really is no big deal if there are several other posts. Things happen and someone just wants an answer right away than waste there time searching.
    So anyways........ I never had this problem and don't have a fix. But.... anytime i work in my yard or cut the grass i use a ziplock for extra protection.
    And for those who get irritated because there are already threads or posts of the same subject....Chill out eh!!
    04-25-10 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD