Ok. I have had this Storm since Dec. 15 and love it. It was made in mexico and had a perfect click and no problems. I absolutely love it. But the dust is now becoming a bit of an annoyance.
    It is not so bad but when the sun hits it you see lots of white particles all inside it. I took a LED flashlight to it and it amplified it to where I couldn't believe it. I went to the VZW store and the tech looked at it and said that this was the first time she ever saw this problem. (whatever) but she also ordered a replacement without any further questions or problems.
    I spoke with the technical assistance and he gave no problems either but when I asked if I would get a new one he said no a refurb. Holy crap. I tried to debate but since I am well past the 30 day point it was no use.
    Now I doubt my wanting to replace this one but even now when I look at the screen it is so gritty under there. CRACKBERRY NATION PLEASE PRAY FOR ME THAT I GET A REPLACEMENT PHONE THAT IS GOOD. I am so scared. Lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 07:04 PM
    i pray for you.

i just called VZW and spoke to a technical assistant yesterday about dust under my screen (all click and everything is perfectly fine) and I get mine on Wednesday. i asked if it will be a refurb and she said maybe maybe not either way it has to pass a 100-pt inspection so i could care less i guess. but, then, i asked if I don't like the replacement i receive on Wednesday, can I send it back? and she said yup. so send it back if u dont like it

p.s. i got mine nov 27th
    02-09-09 07:29 PM
    I'm impressed that they are giving u a replacement. Great.....
    It should be ok
    02-09-09 09:02 PM
    I hope so. I would hate to get a replacement with click issues. Though I haven't seen any posts lately concerning click issues. Guess they fixed those.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 01:07 AM
    My first Storm that i broke being stupid... had a load of dust under the screen!! It was so annoying but its gone now and i received my Brand new storm from Asurion with NO dust. But good luck on the Replacement! Im sure it will be a night a and day difference than your old one.
    02-10-09 02:42 AM
    Good luck on the refurb.
    02-10-09 01:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD