I don't want to sound to anal...but i can't stand dust under my screen and when I had my LG Voyager this happened, my Motorola Q, and now my Storm I just dont know what to do...am I to anal maybe ocd? I have tried not to putin my pocket too much. Anyone else having this problem or am I the only one this bothers?
    12-18-08 03:58 PM
    I'm sure it bothers a lot of other people with OCD as well.

That was a joke.
    12-18-08 04:02 PM
    Thanks man...my girl told me the same thing...lol
    12-18-08 04:08 PM
    It bothered me enough to call to get it replaced. My replacement will ship out tomorrow.

I have 2 pieces of dust almost center screen, appeared grey against white and white against black, couldn't ignore it.
    12-18-08 04:40 PM
    if someone invents something to put around the screen on all 4 sides, i'd buy it asap hint hint??
    12-18-08 04:42 PM
    get a screen protector and do a bad job putting it on. you won't even notice the dust. lol..that's what i did.
    12-18-08 05:22 PM
    There is so much dust behind my screen it is unbearable. My replacement phone is sitting at my house as I type. I will try to get a picture later of how bad my phone is. Lower right hand of screen is cloudy thats how much dust is in there. I have read threads about a bad seal i dont think my was sealed at all. If it was sealed I think they used post it note glue...LOL
    12-18-08 05:30 PM
    Yeah I got some dust in there the day I bought it. I took it to get replaced and the sales guy said " ahh yeah well I'm worried about this dust" I said that I thought is was a flaw that it could even get dust in there. It took the fact that my off button doesnt work either to get him to replace it.
    12-18-08 05:50 PM
    I hate dust under any screen, It is not bad to be anal or ocd over something like this. I am and my wife gives me a hard time all the time. But she also likes it since I handle all the electronics in the house and none of them have a smudge on the screen and if it gets dusts well lets just say the warranty is used very quickly.
    12-18-08 05:53 PM
    I just noticed some in mine today but it isn't terrible I am going to get a case and not use my pocket as much but I am trying to ignore it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 06:21 PM
    I now have dust. Didn't before I tried to replace the housing/faceplate. Long story short, maybe it's better to put-up with my chipped faceplate than to now see the chip plus dust particles. I would have been better off just leaving it alone.
    Diffused
    12-18-08 06:39 PM
    The dust is killing me too. I'm debating on trying to get a new one but since mine was built in Canada maybe a replacement would be a good idea.

12-18-08 06:56 PM
    I returned mine after two weeks. I liked it ok but would have kept it, if it wernt for all the dust under the screen. It was really bad and getting worse by the day. I can only imagine how it would look after 4-6 months use. I'll just wait for att to release it, by then this stupid little problem should be resolved. Very unfortunate that such a nice phone has such a large flaw
    12-18-08 07:05 PM
    It bothered me enough to call to get it replaced. My replacement will ship out tomorrow.

I have 2 pieces of dust almost center screen, appeared grey against white and white against black, couldn't ignore it.
    Wait, this qualifies for an actual replacement?
    12-18-08 07:12 PM
    If you get the plastic shield for it and a good cover/holster (never put it in your pocket) then its impossible (not really but less chances) of getting dust under your screen. Also at least twice a day, blow air into the opening on the four sides of the screen to get rid of any dust before it can go under the screen. I've had since day 1 (actually a week later got a replacement) but ever since no dust or anything =]
    12-18-08 07:38 PM
    Were you the kid who had all the Star Wars action figures in their packaging and never played with them?
    j/k.. But damn.

12-18-08 08:20 PM
    There is so much dust behind my screen it is unbearable. My replacement phone is sitting at my house as I type. I will try to get a picture later of how bad my phone is. Lower right hand of screen is cloudy thats how much dust is in there. I have read threads about a bad seal i dont think my was sealed at all. If it was sealed I think they used post it note glue...LOL
    Here are some pictures of the screen on my phone that goes back tomorrow for dust problem. This is ridiculous. I did not mention that i only carry it in my pocket. But i wear dress pants everyday...Dry Cleaned dress pants.. Amazing
    Last edited by bigbdz16; 12-18-08 at 11:32 PM.
    12-18-08 11:12 PM
    Here are some pictures of the screen on my phone that goes back tomorrow for dust problem. This is ridiculous: mad:
    That's horrible. I'll start using the case more often.
    12-18-08 11:28 PM
    Thanks for looking.... got trumped by a os update....just my luck LOL
    12-18-08 11:30 PM
    What do you plan on doing after you get a replacement? I'm thinking hard case? I have a holster but I don't think that is going to help THAT much...
    12-18-08 11:34 PM
    What do you plan on doing after you get a replacement? I'm thinking hard case? I have a holster but I don't think that is going to help THAT much...
    Not sure. I have to believe that this screen is not sealed at all. I am hoping the new one is. Also considering belt clip but i stopped using those way back in the razor days but it might be necessary
    12-18-08 11:37 PM
    I'm going to be MAJORLY pissed if dust gets under my screen.
    12-19-08 12:15 AM
    Why don't you guys just buy a can of air and blow it every so often. Would that fix it?
    12-19-08 02:36 AM
    By all accounts, that makes it worse. Sometimes I press on my screen to make sure the seal is intact. Not sure if it's doing any good, but it can't hurt.
    12-19-08 03:41 AM
    Here are some pictures of the screen on my phone that goes back tomorrow for dust problem. This is ridiculous. I did not mention that i only carry it in my pocket. But i wear dress pants everyday...Dry Cleaned dress pants.. Amazing
    HOLY **** THAT IS HORRID

That makes my specs look like nothing
    12-19-08 03:52 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD