I have had my Storm for about 2 months now and I am loving it. The only thing about it that has been annoying me is that it is much harder to click and there is a lot of dust under the screen. Am I still able to send it back to get a replacement?
    02-11-09 06:17 PM
    i shall bump.
    02-11-09 06:40 PM
    Yes call customer service. Tell them your issues they will send you a new one. If they start giving you trouble, hang up and connect to a different rep till you find one that won't give you problems.
    02-11-09 06:43 PM
    Try to get them to overnight it to you for free too
    02-11-09 07:00 PM
    Yes call customer service. Tell them your issues they will send you a new one. If they start giving you trouble, hang up and connect to a different rep till you find one that won't give you problems.
    I agree- this is the best plan. Keep in mind they may tell you the dust is not a problem they are concerned with so make sure the lack of a screen click is your primary issue for the device failing. They have gotten a bit tough on the Storm returns so be prepared to be consistent and don't stop until you get the person that will accommodate your problem.
    02-11-09 07:09 PM
    I have the same problem as you do and I just got off the phone with Verizon about 45 minutes ago. Instead of talking to a customer service person I just asked to be connected to technical support. I explained the situation about the dust and the tech said its a defect that is covered by your 1 year warranty. Took about 3 minutes for him to request a replacement storm and got a confirmation email that it shipped 20 minutes later. oh and I'm way past my 30 days and that wasn't a problem at all.

Just call its pretty easy
    Last edited by sinnerman; 02-11-09 at 07:26 PM.
    02-11-09 07:23 PM
    I have the same problem as you do and I just got off the phone with Verizon about 45 minutes ago. Instead of talking to a customer service person I just asked to be connected to technical support. I explained the situation about the dust and the tech said its a defect that is covered by your 1 year warranty. Took about 3 minutes for him to request a replacement storm and got a confirmation email that it shipped 20 minutes later. oh and I'm way past my 30 days and that wasn't a problem at all.

Just call its pretty easy
    ok thanks a lot! i am going to call right now.
    02-11-09 07:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD