Since Monday 2/2/09 when there was a BB outage in my area my AOL email has been sending duplicate emails and sometime 3 and 4 of each email to my accounts. I have spent 4 hours+ on the phone with Verizon and BB and they cannot figure it out. I have had Storm for 3 months with no problems with my email until this week. I have to believe something happened when that outage occurred. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do? I have wiped my device and restored and it still AOL email accounts are still duplicating messages. I notice that in my SETUP icon when I click on email setup now I have to login into my BB internet account where as before it would show me the AOL accounts and not make me log in each time.

Thanks!
    cindyzebra
    02-06-09 05:38 AM
    it isn't just AOL it is happening to me as well. Every single account I have is sending multiple messages to the phone. Over night I got a ton of messages, but they were the same 5 messages sent over and over.
    02-06-09 05:45 AM
    This is happening to me, too, with most but not all of my e-mail accounts. For example, my BES work e-mail doesn't do it, but all of my Gmail accounts do. I don't think my Verizon account is doing it either.
    02-06-09 05:48 AM
    I have Yahoo, GMail and they are doing it. Also FB app is doing it.
    I just checked, not sure about Yahoo but GMail sure is.

Yes, there was an outage the other day for a few hours. I've noticed in the past week or so there have been quite a few problems.
    02-06-09 06:03 AM
    Same here. Multiple messages with AOL, but not Comcast.net. BIS account.
    02-06-09 06:12 AM
    So, it's everyone? Happening to me as well. It began after that outage we had earlier in the week. (I'm using gmail, by the way, not AOL)
    Last edited by dgalanter; 02-06-09 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Added which email service I use.
    02-06-09 06:25 AM
    Yes that is when it began ... and Verizon and BB claim that is not related, but my Storm worked fine until then. Please offer updates as anyone hears news on this issue. Thank you!
    02-06-09 06:37 AM
    I have Yahoo, GMail and they are doing it. Also FB app is doing it.
    I just checked, not sure about Yahoo but GMail sure is.

Yes, there was an outage the other day for a few hours. I've noticed in the past week or so there have been quite a few problems.
    FYI your Facebook app isn't "doing" anything. Facebook simply sends an email to notify you of things. The Facebook app sees these emails and knows their FB notifications and shows you them within the FB app instead of your messages folder.
    02-06-09 06:40 AM
    Has anyone tried DELETING their accounts on the BIS site and recreating them?
    02-06-09 06:41 AM
    Yes. This a RIM issue. They are aware and working on the problem. I will be checking on the status of my RIM trouble ticket in about an hour or so.

I had to delete amd recreate all of my accounts except for my vzw.blackberry.net email which is not affected.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by chrisb; 02-06-09 at 06:48 AM.
    02-06-09 06:45 AM
    A Rep from verizon just called and said it started happening to her BB last night on her Yahoo email. So the trend is continuing.
    02-06-09 09:12 AM
    I called VZW this morning. They got RIM on the phone to update me. They say they're still working on it.

On a personal note, I turned forwarding to my BB back on and so far so good. I've only gotten 1 copy of the emails that hit my email accounts and pushed to my BB.
    02-06-09 09:15 AM
    The same thing is happening to me. I have forwarding turned off.
    02-06-09 09:58 AM
    If it helps....

I deleted the email accounts that were sending duplicates and created them anew.

I have been "back to normal" all morning.

This could VERY WELL be a coincidence, but it may be worth a try.

I don't know which was worse - not getting ANY emails or getting them all 3 times!
    02-06-09 10:02 AM
    If it helps....

I deleted the email accounts that were sending duplicates and created them anew.

I have been "back to normal" all morning.

This could VERY WELL be a coincidence, but it may be worth a try.

I don't know which was worse - not getting ANY emails or getting them all 3 times!
    RIM had me do that last night and it actually got worse. So I turned off forwarding. I turned it back on a couple hours ago and so far, it's working like it should.

The problem appears to be a polling issue. It's like the RIM servers forgot where they left off with each email account and just sent everything. And because it sent email to me, it re-polled every 3 minutes and sent it all again and again and again. I had BIS resend the complete inboxes of 4 email accounts every 3 minutes for about 30 mins last night. There were over 100 emails between the 4 boxes. It was insane.
    02-06-09 10:32 AM
    switch to gmail. AOL is for people still living in the 1990's
    02-06-09 10:32 AM
    switch to gmail. AOL is for people still living in the 1990's
    Doesn't matter who the provider is. It's happening with gmail accounts too.
    02-06-09 10:34 AM
    It seems to be fixed for me.
    02-06-09 10:53 AM
    I just removed both email accounts. Then re added them. Then I restarted with pulling out the battery. AS of right now that seemed to have worked. RIM must be getting their server fixed. Hopefully that is the end of all this.
    02-06-09 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD