I have duplicate and triplicate contacts on my storm after restoring and synching my new storm to ms outlook. How do I delete the extras? I do have multiple categories under contacts (family, office, work, etc).
    Thank you for your help.
    01-06-09 10:38 PM
    This probably won't be much help but I'll tell you how I fixed this when I had this problem...

First off if you have a small number of contacts (like under 1000) you can simply do a search for an empty string and you'll get a nice sorted list of your contacts. You can use this to go down the line using the arrows and the delete button to clean things up manually by hand.

How I did it when I had this problem was first export all my contacts as a CSV file. Then I wrote a regular expression to sanitize the file of duplicates deleted all contacts in outlook, deleted all contacts in the BB, then restored the CSV and synced and poof all was done in a few minutes.

Option two is probably more than you want to bite off... But if you're feeling ambitious google "regular expressions".

Good luck.
    01-06-09 10:56 PM
    go to contacts > bb button > options > general options > set "allow duplicate names" to "NO"
    then sync again...
    hope it helps... not sure 'cause I don't use MS outlook.
    01-06-09 11:37 PM
    go to contacts > bb button > options > general options > set "allow duplicate names" to "NO"
    then sync again...
    hope it helps... not sure 'cause I don't use MS outlook.
    I tried this on my blackberry storm and it doesn't work. Any other ideas?
    06-07-10 09:31 PM
    This happened to me as well after I switched devices. I also tried setting it to not allowing duplicate contacts to no avail.
    06-18-10 11:18 AM
    06-18-10 11:35 AM
    WOW, good to know, THANX! Glad we got these forums!!!
    06-19-10 05:04 PM
    I have been looking at a lot of these forums trying to work out how to remove duplicate contacts and calendar entries on my Blackberry...I actually found the cause, and this may help others....

Firstly, I am connected to a Blackberry Enterprise Server so my MS Outlook in syncronised....

I could not see any duplicate entries in my Outlook until.....I went to the bottom left icons in Outlook and selected "Folder List"...It then became obvious that i had multiple contact and calendar folders in the folder view...This happened because i imported a pst file into my outlook...

Simply organise the folders intoo a master folder and delete the duplicated folders....The BES will then sync the data and you will have no more duplicate entries...

I hope this help a lot of those searching for the reason of duplicate contacts etc...

Cheers,
    Les.
    08-03-10 04:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD