So I have read that it is not possible to delete duplicate contacts from my storm other than 1 by 1. I'm not quite sure how the duplicate contacts even came into existence, but I assume it was from upgrading to Leaked OS's once every week back when the storm first came out. It seems with the newer Leaks lately that problem has stopped. But, I still have certain names in my contacts that have thousands of duplicates.

Now, every time one of those contacts sends me a text message, it completely lags my phone down when I am in the message application.

Does anybody have any suggestions about this? Either on how to delete the duplicates or how to help with the lagging?

Thanks
    04-29-09 04:28 PM
    So I have read that it is not possible to delete duplicate contacts from my storm other than 1 by 1. I'm not quite sure how the duplicate contacts even came into existence, but I assume it was from upgrading to Leaked OS's once every week back when the storm first came out. It seems with the newer Leaks lately that problem has stopped. But, I still have certain names in my contacts that have thousands of duplicates.

Now, every time one of those contacts sends me a text message, it completely lags my phone down when I am in the message application.

Does anybody have any suggestions about this? Either on how to delete the duplicates or how to help with the lagging?

Thanks
    When i had my dupicates problem I did a two way Sync with Outlook and then did the deletions from Outlook and synced again. Much faster to delete the duplicates in outlook.
    04-29-09 04:41 PM
    If you don't use outlook, follow this thread to export to excel, clean up the file and then sync it back:

Managing Contacts in the Address Book–Using Excel� Help for BlackBerry Pearl, Curve, Bold, and Storm
    04-29-09 04:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD