all of the telus/bell stores ive been to, only have dummy models of the storm, i havnt seen/touched a real working storm.

anyone here played with a dummy (unfunctional model) storm before getting theres?

how did the clicking compare?

the ones ive played with didnt seem to click that great, and if they're clicking the same as the really phones, im kinda afraid :S
    12-20-08 04:40 AM
    Wal Mart has a dummy model, and the screen click takes a tremendous amount force to activate. It just feels overly tight. I got mine this past Monday, and my click is effortless and even all the way around the screen. If mine were luck the dummy model, I'd be PISSED. Seems like RIM/Verizon would want these dummy phones to give a true representation of the phone's main selling point.
    12-20-08 04:55 AM
    you can compare the two of them, the dummy's don't even have any internal guts.
    12-20-08 10:00 AM
    I had a local ne'er-do-well show up on my doorstep trying to sell me an iPhone back when they were the hot new thing. Well, not exactly. It was an iPhone DUMMY MODEL. Gotta love those enterprising thieves who don't test their merchandise.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-08 10:46 AM
    I have tried both. Best Buy has the demo phones. I had a friend in the same situation as you - he tried the demo phone and got a bad impression. There is definitely a difference in the demo phone I tried at Best Buy and the real thing at VZ stores.
    12-20-08 10:51 AM
    I have tried both. Best Buy has the demo phones. I had a friend in the same situation as you - he tried the demo phone and got a bad impression. There is definitely a difference in the demo phone I tried at Best Buy and the real thing at VZ stores.
    Hmmmmm? My local corp VZ store has their real Storms demos(2) wrapped up with a 1/4" zip-lock tie right across the middle of the screen. Just stupid on a touch screen phone IMO.
    12-20-08 10:56 AM
    At the mall last weekend i let 10-15 people testdrive my storm... everyone wants to click it lol.

P.s. sorry to anyone in my BBM list who got wierd messages from randoms trying the qwerty keyboard lol
    12-20-08 06:55 PM
    good to know.

the dummy model clicking had me concerned.

plus the screen would stick a little bit coming up.
    12-23-08 11:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD