I need some help from people who just got their 1st BB or anyone who have made a smooth transition to a BB from a dumbphone (like the voyager, env, razer etc). What is the best way to transfer all your contacts to your new BB from your dumbphone. I though I could connect my new BB with my Voyager through bluetooth and end the contacts but I keep getting errors. I have bitpim at my disposal but how would that help me once I get the numbers off the Voyager? Thoughts advice?
    11-21-08 03:01 PM
    why didn't they do this for you at the store?
    11-21-08 03:02 PM
    the guy who set me up rushed me and literally pushed me out the door and took the next person in line........30 Storms were being sold and did in no time and they were kinda understaffed for a launch imo
    11-21-08 03:04 PM
    I need some help from people who just got their 1st BB or anyone who have made a smooth transition to a BB from a dumbphone (like the voyager, env, razer etc). What is the best way to transfer all your contacts to your new BB from your dumbphone. I though I could connect my new BB with my Voyager through bluetooth and end the contacts but I keep getting errors. I have bitpim at my disposal but how would that help me once I get the numbers off the Voyager? Thoughts advice?
    You can save your contacts through bitpim as a .csv file, then you export to Outlook, might have to cut and paste, then do a one way sync from outlook to your Storm.... Make sure you reset DM to a 2 way sync afterwards..
    11-21-08 03:08 PM
    go to the store, they'll do it for free....surprisingly they transferred my pics too....from Alias to Storm.
    11-21-08 03:09 PM
    Yeah I'd just go back to the store today and get that done.. You could always do it by hand lol
    11-21-08 03:12 PM
    Depending how many contacts you have I too would take it into a store. If you have time you could manually enter them in your outlook. It would be a project but it would be the last time you'd ever do it.
    11-21-08 03:13 PM
    Have you tried VZW Backup Assistant? It's free if you use their my account page to manage your account. You can use it to save your contacts and then move them over to your new phone. I assume that will work on your new Storm.
    11-21-08 03:14 PM
    there's a couple programs that can do it as well...i actually think there's a section in the blackberry desktop manager that allows you to import contacts into a phone.

Jeyo Mobile Companion is what i use, i have to back up all my text msg's so this program helps with doing that and also does the contact import/export...not sure if it works for a blackberry, but i'll find out.
    11-21-08 03:20 PM
    It would be a "view only" option... you'd be copying and pasting.
    11-21-08 03:21 PM
    Have you tried VZW Backup Assistant? It's free if you use their my account page to manage your account. You can use it to save your contacts and then move them over to your new phone. I assume that will work on your new Storm.
    Yeah I have backup assistant for my voyager but I def don't see it for the Storm. I'll check some more around the options and such but I don't think smartphones come with it because there is no get it now app bullsh!t.
    11-21-08 03:29 PM
    Depending how many contacts you have I too would take it into a store. If you have time you could manually enter them in your outlook. It would be a project but it would be the last time you'd ever do it.
    I have a bunch of contacts...upward of 200 so that really isn't an option but I will def try some of the programs a few people have mentioned. Thanks everyone
    11-21-08 03:31 PM
    They wouldn't do it at my store either.. the guy said no way, not today. He said if I bring it in later this weekend, or next week, no problem.
    11-21-08 03:35 PM
    bump for more comments on ppl making attempts?
    11-21-08 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD