Drops...yes I know most of you have cases as I do but every now and again accidents do happen. Im sure theres a few of you out there whose hearts almost stopped as your storm barrelled towards the ground. After it hit the dirt how did it react? Any big problems after a drop? or is she pretty sturdy? I upgraded from the voyager and mine took a beating aside from the bluetooth not working right after a drop I never had a problem, anything similar with the storm?

PS Ill be sure not to drop mine at all if I can lol
    11-24-08 12:48 AM
    PS Ill be sure not to drop mine at all if I can lol
    Good idea.
    11-24-08 12:57 AM
    Gladly can say I cannot offer you any feedback on how performance is after a drop.
    11-24-08 01:00 AM
    Not dropped Bold or Storm and my Storm is nearly always nekkid!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 01:12 AM
    Mine ate it pretty hard today. I completly missed my pocket, and dropped it on to the street. It appears have escaped with out damage. It hit (I think) on the end below the buttons, and then fell foward onto the screen. I have a rubber case on it, and the screen protector that came with in out of the box.
    11-24-08 01:16 AM
    I'm not sure how it'll hold up to a drop, but I can testify that a dog bite will do it in! I picked up my Storm on Saturday, charged it, and put it in its leather case. My dog must've thought it was a chew toy! One bite and a cracked screen later, I'm glad that I opted for insurance! New Storm is due tomorrow!
    11-24-08 01:27 AM
    cousin dropped his hard on marble and the screen came off, put the screen back on, but no picture on the screen, could still make and recieve calls tho, took it back and hes using a curve till the store gets more storms
    11-24-08 01:43 AM
    crazy.. i almost dropped mine on the way to bed, but i recaught it, midair.. right before it hit the ground.

my phone was perfectly fine but my heart almost skipped one too many beats
    11-24-08 01:47 AM
    Dropped mine on the concrete the other day, fell right out of my coat pocket... Thank goodness for the rubber protector. It just bounced on the ground a little bit. Still truckin' right along. No scratches and so far doesn't look like anything is wrong with it.

I think I about had a heart attack in the parking garage though.
    11-24-08 11:00 PM
    I've had my hard case on it since the day it arrived last Saturday. I would SERIOUSLY lose it if I dropped it. I'm not really a phone dropper though & I owned some of the most expensive phones (Nokia Communicator series unlocked, Sony Ericsson P990 etc Nokia N95)! I really think I would lose all fine motor skills if I dropped it lol!!
    11-24-08 11:06 PM
    First time, just lost control of it when getting into bed (recently had knee surgery, wasn't drunk) nothing happened, have a black gel case on it.

Then dropped it from approximately 6 inches or less to my lap as to put it down, didnt think it was a big deal, battery side down, it went to start up screen, it being frozen, battery pull everything was fine, a little bizarre....
    11-24-08 11:15 PM
    no drops thank god.

however, i have a rubber case and screen protector just incase!
    11-24-08 11:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD