Whoever posted the tip on putting a dime inside the cover over the battery is a genius! I can't believe that something like that makes such a drastic change with the click screen. I couldn't find the original post, but thanks anyway. I definitely recommend this fix, well worth the money...
    06-01-09 09:33 AM
    lol, yeah. They also made a video in youtube if your screen doesnt click.
    06-01-09 09:38 AM
    dime? wouldnt that cause strain? neways, i like the torx6 fix (lol, that rhymed )
    06-01-09 09:40 AM
    dime? wouldnt that cause strain? neways, i like the torx6 fix (lol, that rhymed )
    +1 perfect click all the time, even after numerous drops onto hard surfaces

So glad i picked up a t6
    06-01-09 09:42 AM
    +1 perfect click all the time, even after numerous drops onto hard surfaces

So glad i picked up a t6
    +2. I tried all the tricks (biz card, post its etc) and the torx6 fix is hands down the best.
    06-01-09 09:49 AM
    +2. I tried all the tricks (biz card, post its etc) and the torx6 fix is hands down the best.
    ha. +3 torx6 is the method for me.
    06-01-09 09:57 AM
    Never tried the screw fix saw someone had posted about using the screen wipe that comes with the verizon screen protectors folded it in half took the battery cover off placed it right about in the middle works like a charm
    06-01-09 09:58 AM
    You DID IT!!!!! Congratz, Master DD!

Anyways I'm partial to the "Civic Dots" fix, but in my case I just got my Storm replaced a couple times till I got one with a good click. I'm leery about the dime fix since I think over time it would put too much stress on your door latches, BUT some folks DO like it.
    06-01-09 10:02 AM
    You DID IT!!!!! Congratz, Master DD!

Anyways I'm partial to the "Civic Dots" fix, but in my case I just got my Storm replaced a couple times till I got one with a good click. I'm leery about the dime fix since I think over time it would put too much stress on your door latches, BUT some folks DO like it.
    woah!! sweet, i just noticed i got over 1k post!!! thanks for the congrats!!!
    06-01-09 10:06 AM
    ive been using the dime trick for 3 days now,
    nothing super noticable wrong with my cover
    but the click is super nice
    06-01-09 10:28 AM
    ha. +3 torx6 is the method for me.
    What is this "torx6" method you speak of? I am currently using the card.

Thanks?
    06-01-09 10:38 AM
    Never tried the screw fix saw someone had posted about using the screen wipe that comes with the verizon screen protectors folded it in half took the battery cover off placed it right about in the middle works like a charm
    I had posted about the screen wipes... Glad to hear it worked for u as well. The material in the wipe has a lot more 'give' then a dime... So it makes more sense and puts less strain on the latches.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 10:42 AM
    I decided to switch to the card fix instead of the dime. After reading the replies, I agreed that it may have been stressing the latches on the back panel.
    06-01-09 01:36 PM
    What is this "torx6" method you speak of? I am currently using the card.

Thanks?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/sc...rx-fix-109036/
    06-01-09 04:48 PM
    I'm trying to figure out how you can fit a dime in there? I don't even think there's room for paper in mine...a dime would cause a serious "bulge" and probably kill my battery door.
    06-01-09 05:34 PM
    thanks for the link. I was way confused about this thread until I saw that. I don't notice my "click" being off. Am I missing something? Or is it that much better.

Where can you find a t6 screw driver?
    06-01-09 05:39 PM
    I actually removed the dime. It was great at first but all of a sudden my storm started experiencing major battery and memory drops. Removed the dime and all is fine again. Weird

06-01-09 10:17 PM
    I actually removed the dime. It was great at first but all of a sudden my storm started experiencing major battery and memory drops. Removed the dime and all is fine again. Weird

batter drops: maybe causing strain?
    memory drops: maybe it had a gap somewhere bc of the strain and memory was leaking out of the phone

lmao, sorry, just wanted to say that haha
    06-01-09 10:21 PM
    This whole dime fix is great and all, but I find the whole situation hilarious. Why in the world do people think it's ok and just accept the fact that they need to shove a dime behind their screen to make it function as intended? No dumb phone I ever owned needed a dime shoved in it to make it work.
    06-02-09 12:15 AM
    thanks for the link. I was way confused about this thread until I saw that. I don't notice my "click" being off. Am I missing something? Or is it that much better.

Where can you find a t6 screw driver?
    Any hardware store or even a place like Walmart.
    06-02-09 12:16 AM
    hope my berry clicks forever!
    06-02-09 06:56 AM
    This whole dime fix is great and all, but I find the whole situation hilarious. Why in the world do people think it's ok and just accept the fact that they need to shove a dime behind their screen to make it function as intended? No dumb phone I ever owned needed a dime shoved in it to make it work.
    I did have a friend with an ancient Nokia phone, and I used to mess with him and ask where he put the dime to make a call....
    06-02-09 07:21 AM
    using some sort of thin foam would work better than a dime. the old treos used to have them on the back of the battery cover to keep the battery from shaking around when the phone moved.

lossening the screws works great, though.
    06-02-09 07:44 AM
    Why in the world do people think it's ok and just accept the fact that they need to shove a dime behind their screen to make it function as intended? No dumb phone I ever owned needed a dime shoved in it to make it work.
    What makes you think that people think this is 'okay'? Its not okay by most peoples standards; however they have the phone, and they are not getting their money back for it at this point, so they are making due.

Its not an acceptable solution to put anything inside this phone in order to make it more responsive, neither is it acceptable at all to have to open the case and tighten up screws, but the situation is what it is, and for those that have a non-responsive Storm and are unable to get assistance from Verizon or whatever carrier, they have to do what is necessary to make it work.
    06-02-09 08:10 AM

Me too. Major battery problems. I can't explain it.
    06-02-09 09:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD