Has anyone else had this problem with their Storm... I will be talking on the phone and suddenly the person on the other end cant hear me anymore. I can hear them fine, but they cant hear me. It isn't me hitting the mute button as I have Stormlock active. It doesn't happen all the time, but it is very annoying when it does happen. When I use speakerphone, it does not happen either. This is my 3rd Storm and it continues to happen. Verizon has no idea why it happens. Can anyone help?
    05-08-09 10:23 PM
    happens to me a lot, i can be screaming and i can hear them on the other end just fine saying "Hello, Hello is anybody there ?"
    it happens to me with speaker phone as well though...
    05-08-09 10:51 PM
    Has anyone else had this problem with their Storm... I will be talking on the phone and suddenly the person on the other end cant hear me anymore. I can hear them fine, but they cant hear me. It isn't me hitting the mute button as I have Stormlock active. It doesn't happen all the time, but it is very annoying when it does happen. When I use speakerphone, it does not happen either. This is my 3rd Storm and it continues to happen. Verizon has no idea why it happens. Can anyone help?
    thats not a dropped call. a dropped call means the call ends due to signal lost. sounds like the mute is kicking in even tho you didnt press it. my only suggestion would be try muting then unmuting the next time it happens

*shrug*
    05-08-09 11:16 PM
    I think since January when I got the phone I've dropped maybe 3 calls.

I know yesterday I dropped a call on my way home. When I went to call back the person I got some VZW network error message.
    05-08-09 11:27 PM
    I think since January when I got the phone I've dropped maybe 3 calls.

I know yesterday I dropped a call on my way home. When I went to call back the person I got some VZW network error message.
    I've actually had less dropped calls with my Storm than any other phone I've had. I think its more of a VZW problem, but lg phones have a weaker radio than motorola phones so they're common.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 11:31 PM
    Nope, not here. I have not have had a dropped call since I left AT&T for VZW.

Can you hear me now??
    05-08-09 11:44 PM
    I get that crap all the time, especially on my bottom bunk! I would be talking and then all of a sudden, I hear those stupid *** beeps
    05-09-09 03:49 AM
    Yeah, I guess dropped call isn't the best description of the problem. When I say "Can you hear me now", they can't. Happened 3 times yesterday. I've tried clicking the mute switch on and off. Still nothing. Can the mute switch be diabled somehow?
    05-09-09 07:56 AM
    There's a similar bug with wired headsets plugged into the 3.5 mm jack. I use my earphones to listen to music and only once my Storm thought they were still plugged in and tried to route the audio to the jack. I'm guessing it's another random bug in the OS.
    05-09-09 08:47 AM
    There's a similar bug with wired headsets plugged into the 3.5 mm jack. I use my earphones to listen to music and only once my Storm thought they were still plugged in and tried to route the audio to the jack. I'm guessing it's another random bug in the OS.
    Honestly, that sounds more like an electrical issue than a software one. I'd go into greater detail, but I suspect 9021-Troll High's student body will be by any minute now to turn this into a "the storm sucks, let's all go have an orgy with the Jesus Phone" thread, so it's not worth the effort.
    05-09-09 09:17 AM
    I've had more dropped calls in the past 2 weeks than I've had in the 3 yrs. since switching over to VZW. And before 2 weeks ago I never had a dropped call. What's goin on?
    05-09-09 09:26 AM
    Honestly, that sounds more like an electrical issue than a software one. I'd go into greater detail, but I suspect 9021-Troll High's student body will be by any minute now to turn this into a "the storm sucks, let's all go have an orgy with the Jesus Phone" thread, so it's not worth the effort.
    Not trying to be argumentative. Just thought that the software was handling where to direct the audio for the call. Though on second thought, it can just as easily be done hardware-wise.

I thought software because I've had my headphones plugged in many hundreds of times and only once has this popped up. Maybe the code that "detects" if something's in the jack or not got "stuck". If it was hardware, I would think that it would be more frequent. Either the plug's in the jack and current's flowing or it's not.
    05-09-09 10:01 AM
    I was told bb has the best reception. Well I disagree my storm drops calls faster then I spit. I do 228. And what is up with alltel deal why doent we get better service in alltel areas? Prime example I40 in Arkansas services suck. And if u venture of the interstate forget service is non exsinted. I'm really ready to try another phone.

05-09-09 10:37 AM
    My Storm has been dropping calls the last week or 2. I even drop calls in metro NYC. I also notice I have to send SMS messages 2 or 3 times before it goes through. Not sure what's going on.
    05-10-09 07:20 AM
    to the op, try using your right hand. a lot of people have problems if they hold it in their left hand due to the mic placement.
    05-10-09 03:34 PM
    i have not dropped a call since ive had my storm. except when im in a basement or someplace with a really weak signal, which is rare.
    05-10-09 08:58 PM
    I thought only a certain phone on AT&T dropped calls?
    05-11-09 07:55 AM
    to the op, try using your right hand. a lot of people have problems if they hold it in their left hand due to the mic placement.
    I know you're being serious cuz its true (why phone mfrs don't put the mic in the center of the bottom I'll never know)....but when you read that it just sounds plain damn silly lol

05-11-09 05:27 PM
    From .109 on, the Storm has had dropped call issues, it is the main reason Verizon has not released an update.
    05-11-09 06:22 PM
    I am also in the metro NYC area.

I notice an excessive number of dropped calls. Since 2009, I've had more dropped calls than many years with Verizon.

Not sure if this is a phone or network issue. However, when I brought the phone into the store, the technician told me they are doing some work on the towers. No idea if its related.

Also, I notice that prior to dropping calls, my phone would change from 1xEV to 1X and back. Bars would also go from max to none..

Anyway, hope this is not a phone related issue as I recently got a replacement phone. This new one is also dropping plenty of calls. At least 2/ day.
    05-11-09 10:21 PM
    Anyone have any additional advice for this problem? I too have had caller's not be able to hear me but I can hear them. It is not muted and the screen shows that the call is still connected. This happens to me a couple times a day.
    05-20-09 01:45 PM
    I had this problem for a couple of months and finally took my phone into my Verizon store. They looked at it for a couple of seconds and ordered me a new one. He said it couldn't be fixed. I think my phone had some inherent audio problem because my husband said he could finally hear me when I talked to him from my phone.
    05-20-09 03:45 PM
    Check your signal to see if it is getting really low when they can't hear you.

I have experienced that issue on other phones before. I can hear the other person, but they can't hear me, usually signal is really weak.

When you drop a call on the Storm it will say "Call was Lost."

I drop calls all the time on my Storm. I can say this, I will rethink my purchase choice before buying a BB again. The Curve rocks, Storm drops.
    05-20-09 07:05 PM
    I have had verizon for about eight years and I have had more dropped calls since I went with the blackberry's all together. This is not a bash on blackberry but I thought they were supposed to be the best. I have done *228 with no help. Any ideas? Oh and verizon please hurry up and release an upgraded os thanks
    05-20-09 07:19 PM
    I never dropped calls with .113 and when I upgraded to .141 it seems like everyday I drop calls.
    05-20-09 09:28 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD