Just last night, I finally decided which case I wanted to order to protect my precious Storm. Today, I dropped the bare phone on the pavement in our parking garage at work. The top and side are scratched but at least the screen and buttons are ok. Great timing.

I'm still going to order the case, now more just to cover up the scratches than to save the phone from scratches. Sigh.
    01-08-09 01:08 PM
    you can order a replacement casing at cnn.cn
    01-08-09 06:35 PM
    ouch that sucks!
    01-09-09 01:53 PM
    sorry to hear that. i always worry about accidentally dropping my storm. the good thing about dropping it once...you won't have to worry as much about keeping it shiny and new.
    01-09-09 02:04 PM
    you can order a replacement casing at cnn.cn
    Wow, thank your so much for that site!!! I always dread scratching up my electronics, esp. the storm!
    01-09-09 02:16 PM
    Wow, thank your so much for that site!!! I always dread scratching up my electronics, esp. the storm!
    yeah - instead of ordering skins (which inevitably get dingy and start peeling) or using a silicone case (which i find bulky and linty), now i just keep a spare housing on hand. if and when the phone gets banged up enough, i just replace the dinged up part. definitely makes me a lot less obsessive about minor bumps and bruises!
    01-09-09 03:18 PM
    yeah - instead of ordering skins (which inevitably get dingy and start peeling) or using a silicone case (which i find bulky and linty), now i just keep a spare housing on hand. if and when the phone gets banged up enough, i just replace the dinged up part. definitely makes me a lot less obsessive about minor bumps and bruises!
    Or you could replace the factory with the spare and keep the original in perfect shape for when/if you ever need to return it or sell it. Maybe I should do that....
    01-09-09 03:43 PM
    Or you could replace the factory with the spare and keep the original in perfect shape for when/if you ever need to return it or sell it. Maybe I should do that....
    yeah, i did the reverse in the past. put the spare housing onto a phone (moto slvr) just before i sold it.

something about having the spare housing takes all the stress out of getting minor dings on the phone.
    01-09-09 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD