06-03-09 03:45 PM
27 12
tools
    My phone came out of my pocket on Steel Venom(When i was aprox. 150 ft. up) at ValleyFair and it still works.

It landed directly on the corner with the head phone jack though and now thinks there is always a headphone plugged in, so i can't call someone unless i use the speaker phone. Any suggestiongs on how i could call someone without using the speaker phone?
    06-03-09 12:49 PM
    Use a headset or bluetooth

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 12:56 PM
    Do you think a Bluetooth headset would work?

06-03-09 12:58 PM
    It might be worth a try.

06-03-09 01:01 PM
    Use a headset or bluetooth

Dang beat me to it. I get crappy internet at work. Took like 4 mins to post.

06-03-09 01:01 PM
    pics!!!!!!
    06-03-09 01:04 PM
    Why don't you just open it up, take it to someone who can work on very small electronics to bust the solder then maybe install a replacement piece? It's worth a shot if a warranty won't cover it.
    06-03-09 01:05 PM
    pics!!!!!!
    Actually I second that!
    06-03-09 01:06 PM
    Get back on the roller coaster and drop it again lol

Why not try taking it to verizon and see if theyll do anything.. i mean dont tell them anything about dropping it if its not that obvious from looking at it.
    06-03-09 01:32 PM
    My phone came out of my pocket on Steel Venom(When i was aprox. 150 ft. up) at ValleyFair and it still works.

It landed directly on the corner with the head phone jack though and now thinks there is always a headphone plugged in, so i can't call someone unless i use the speaker phone. Any suggestiongs on how i could call someone without using the speaker phone?
    One of the many reasons I have insurance on mine. Try blutooth, or see if someone you know can fix it. Also, PICS!

On a side note, I was in that area a few weeks ago, tried to get the group I was with to go to ValleyFair as I'm a HUGE rollercoaster fan. They wussed out.
    06-03-09 01:34 PM
    All good ideas... but when you do get it fixed... get insurance this time....
    06-03-09 01:37 PM
    is the port actually damaged? maybe there is just something bridging the connection inside? could get lucky?
    06-03-09 01:40 PM
    is the port actually damaged? maybe there is just something bridging the connection inside? could get lucky?
    That's why I say open it up.... just sayin'!
    06-03-09 01:44 PM
    Try sticking a q-tip/toothpick into the hole to see if you could fix the connection. People have had this same problem and sometimes that works.
    06-03-09 02:01 PM
    pics and on the curve even if head phones are in you can hit berry key the select use headset
    06-03-09 02:13 PM
    take it to Verizon, you have a 1 year manufacturing warranty dont tell them it dropped they should replace it
    06-03-09 02:19 PM
    I'm sure if he dropped it from 150ft there is at least a little bit of evidence (scratches, a dent, something) that it was his doing, not the manufacturer :rofl2:

I tried to take my Dare back when I cracked the screen. No go
    06-03-09 02:25 PM
    pics and on the curve even if head phones are in you can hit berry key the select use headset
    This worked thanks. I'll try and get a pic up of it tonight. The port is visibly damaged and is actually pry clamped shut on itself.
    Now i just have to press really hard to type, the camera doesn't work, and the two top buttons don't work
    I bought the phone off craigslist and have it working on Alltel so i have no insurance on the phone.

Now i just have a good reason to get the Storm 2 when it come out
    06-03-09 02:58 PM
    pics!!!!!!
    +1 haha, lucky it even works after a fall like that!
    06-03-09 03:06 PM
    This worked thanks. I'll try and get a pic up of it tonight. The port is visibly damaged and is actually pry clamped shut on itself.
    Now i just have to press really hard to type, the camera doesn't work, and the two top buttons don't work
    I bought the phone off craigslist and have it working on Alltel so i have no insurance on the phone.

Now i just have a good reason to get the Storm 2 when it come out
    And now we know... THE REST OF THE STORY!
    06-03-09 03:08 PM
    i was at work and just hit the main point.
    Last edited by blthiewes; 06-03-09 at 03:16 PM. Reason: bad quote
    06-03-09 03:16 PM
    Get back on the roller coaster and drop it again lol

Why not try taking it to verizon and see if theyll do anything.. i mean dont tell them anything about dropping it if its not that obvious from looking at it.
    Hmm... 150ft... I'm guessing the device is probably showing at least a little something. Just sayin'.
    06-03-09 03:22 PM
    your story reminds of this...

06-03-09 03:26 PM
    Open it up. It just might be a bent contact.
    06-03-09 03:26 PM
    take it to Verizon, you have a 1 year manufacturing warranty dont tell them it dropped they should replace it
    I know it's generally assumed that some Verizon support folks are a bit lacking, but I wouldn't imagine something like this is going to escape them and be attributed to a "defect".

If so, please let me know which VZW store you went to.
    06-03-09 03:29 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD