So, I had the hard case around it, and the thing hit the concrete like a MACK truck. I have only had the phone for several days..do you think VZW would swap it out for a new one or are the Storm's pretty tough (no pun intended).
    05-23-09 08:10 AM
    They are pretty resilient, shake it a few times and if you hear something rattling around, that is when you have an issue.
    05-23-09 11:48 AM
    I appreciate it. yeah, the thing has a few scuffs on it but it'll survive!
    05-23-09 12:59 PM
    Sadly I dropped mine from my lap when I was getting out of my car before school, with absolutely no case on it......Somehow my storm landed on it's back without a scratch!!! Then a week later I took the case off of it again and put it in my pocket, and my keys made a little scratch which is barely noticeable.

In other words, these devices are hard as nails.
    05-23-09 04:35 PM
    I dropped mine down a concrete flight of stairs when drunk in a hard case.

Hard case shattered but the phone worked better than ever actually LOL, theyre resilient buggers.
    05-23-09 08:01 PM
    Dropped mine while loading a Uhaul, hit the pavement with tremedious force and skidded for a few feet, picked it up on a minor scuff on the top right crome spiece....then the next day it got caught on a chair and went flying....I have the hard plastic case with holster Verzion sells for $20...It did the job but these phones are robust...love it!
    05-29-09 09:49 PM
    So, I had the hard case around it, and the thing hit the concrete like a MACK truck. I have only had the phone for several days..do you think VZW would swap it out for a new one or are the Storm's pretty tough (no pun intended).
    If it's working fine there's no reason to return it. I've got an OtterBox case on mine and I love the protection it provides.

Grey
    05-30-09 12:03 AM
    wow, i dropped mine when trying to get headphones untangled... some girl asked,"will it be ok" all smug, i said,"oh yeah, indestructable" as soon as i left the room to use it i was sad.. it clicked..but no clicks registered..(now i'm on storm #2 with an otterbox)
    05-30-09 05:14 AM
    Remember, IT IS JUST A PHONE.

You did not buy it as in investment, you bought it to use it. So if it drops, pick it up, put it back in your pocket and move on. You should have insurance for times when it does really break.
    05-30-09 06:58 AM
    wow, i dropped mine when trying to get headphones untangled... some girl asked,"will it be ok" all smug, i said,"oh yeah, indestructable" as soon as i left the room to use it i was sad.. it clicked..but no clicks registered..(now i'm on storm #2 with an otterbox)
    lil beitch..
    05-30-09 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD