the other day (in what looked like slow motion) my phone fell into a puddle. luckily i was at work and i had a can of compressed air(the stuff you use to blow dust away from electronics) which i used to blow the water out of the openings it got in to. also i didn't have a case on it because i just took back a case i didn't like to verizon and was waiting for my seidio case to arrive. so i just wanted to let everyone know that with a can of compressed air you can save your storm from water damage!
    03-30-09 11:58 AM
    Um... You have insurance?

Too many times people think electronics dropped in water are fine... Till days / weeks later. Pop out your battery and look for a little white strip inside the battery compartment and tell us what it looks like
    03-30-09 01:13 PM
    i do have insurance. so should i just pay the $50 and get a new one to be safe?
    03-31-09 10:33 AM
    i do have insurance. so should i just pay the $50 and get a new one to be safe?
    Can't say really. I've dropped my phone a couple times (not in water tho) and keep using it. But I won't lose sleep if it suddenly shatters into a million pieces because it was holding on by a thread. I have insurance and backup phones so I can go a day or 2 until a replacement arrives.

Now if I were a stock broker on the floor of the NYSE... I'd consider a replacement, just to be safe. Because if it's gonna go, it's almost guaranteed to be at the worst possible moment
    03-31-09 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD