Man... I was charging it and about to step over the cable leading to my Storm and I could've swore that my feet had properly cleared the cable, but apparently not and my Storm went flying.

I quickly ran over to it and checked every aspect of it to see if there had been any damage or if the screen was cracked or scratched in any fashion and, luckily my Storm escaped 100% undamaged.

I never thought dropping it would be this scary. It felt about exactly the same as when I was almost involved in a car accident on the highway when some ***** was driving like a maniac and his tire came flying off causing cars to swerve all over the place, including mine, to avoid the tire and/or the out of control vehicle.
    01-14-09 10:47 AM
    oh man I almost did the same thing, i caught myself before the phone went flying though, thank god
    01-14-09 10:48 AM
    God I dropped my old pearl once at work and my hear stopped. I was just glad i had it in a hard case the case split apart but it took all the impact my pearl was cleannn.
    01-14-09 10:49 AM
    It's a good think you had .86 loaded on your Storm. Had you had anything lower, I think the screen might have fallen off.
    01-14-09 10:50 AM
    Hahaha, I totally understand. The first time I drop a new phone is always traumatic.
    01-14-09 10:52 AM
    I also have dropped my Storm and I thought the world was about to end.
    01-14-09 10:52 AM
    had my first storm drop from my hand. it hit the ground and went black. thank god no scratches or cracks. was able to get it replaced under 30 day replacement.
    note: new phone not as stable/reliable as first one.
    01-14-09 11:00 AM
    It's a good think you had .86 loaded on your Storm. Had you had anything lower, I think the screen might have fallen off.
    hahaha...nice.
    01-14-09 11:02 AM
    and the funny thing is, when we drop our beloved storms, we pick it up like nothing happened..(cuz you know, we gotta look cool right?) then when you're alone, you check to see if there are any damages.. haha
    01-14-09 11:03 AM
    Haha trusty .86. It places a protective barrier around the Storm

lol, the world about to end comment about sums it up for me. Yea aubrey, if I ever dropped it in public, I'd have no choice, but to pretend like it was no big deal, but when I got home I'd scrutinize every little detail.
    01-14-09 11:11 AM
    and the funny thing is, when we drop our beloved storms, we pick it up like nothing happened..(cuz you know, we gotta look cool right?) then when you're alone, you check to see if there are any damages.. haha
    So true! lol
    01-14-09 11:15 AM
    i dropped mine for the first time yesterday as well. Ghost Armor and carpeted floors FTW!!!!
    01-14-09 12:51 PM
    I dropped mine onto the driveway getting out of a car, i forgot it was on my lap and not in the holster, battery door came off and it flipped over and it landed screen side down on the door. didn't think there was any damage until i looked later and some small scratches most likely from where it hit and bounced. Got it replaced though because of the screen click issue, had been having problems before I dropped it. Went from Canada to Mexico
    01-14-09 01:39 PM
    omfg i dropped mine not once but twice in like a minute. I was rushing to get to my car and was trying to put it in my back pocket at the same time and it fell. I froze and was actually scared to look back for fear that i mightve killed it. lol Luckily i have a silicone case and it landed face up. Then i took like 3 more steps and F'n dropped it again! It landed the same way and unfortuneately i was in public so i just grabbed it and as soon as i got in my car i scanned it and it was perfect.

Its a first edition.
    Last edited by PAY; 01-14-09 at 01:48 PM. Reason: grammar
    01-14-09 01:47 PM
    OMGosh!!

I almost cardiac'd the other day when I dropped my Storm from the 4th step of a concrete steps onto a sidewalk.

I can't tell you how happy I was that the silicon cover it sits inside completely protected it. It didn't get one scratch. Best $12 I've spent in eons.
    01-14-09 01:50 PM
    It will be OK, just give it CPR, and some mouth to mouth. I am sure that it will be OK.
    01-14-09 02:16 PM
    Lol, just dropped mine too on tile flooring. I immediately panicked, but no scratches! I did pop the screen back on a little on my first click, but other than that.... I'm glad they made them solid!

Of course, I will go and grab a skin right away tomorrow, now
    01-14-09 10:10 PM
    I have thought about a skin but it's so pretty on its own. I don't want to make it ugly and it would **** me off if the skin collected lint. Mehhhh.
    01-14-09 10:12 PM
    It's definitely a traumatic experience, one which I hope that I will never have to experience (knock on wood)...
    01-14-09 10:12 PM
    DEWWDE no ways! I dropped mine and had a heart attack! I just came back from ICU, omgshh nowayss. Lyke i almost died!
    01-14-09 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD