I was headed up some outdoor steps up to the third floor, and the phone slipped out of my jacket pocket and hit the ground, and slid right off the end of the steps onto the concrete on the ground below ......

not a scratch on it.

I love my otterbox case. It didn't even turn off, works perfectly fine. There isn't any damage on the otterbox either.

I like the phone, I love the case.
    03-01-09 06:50 PM
    But if it wasn't in the giant case, it would have stayed in ur pocket. :P
    03-01-09 07:04 PM
    Wow that's sweet but I'd prolly use the clip wit otterbox to not test it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 07:10 PM
    Anybody remember Pippi Longstocking? She thought she was all that 'cause she was smart enough to wear a bucket over her head so when she tripped & fell her head wouldn't get hurt. Of course without the bucket she wouldn't be tripping ...

03-01-09 07:55 PM
    I was carrying boxes .. so I doubt it was the case's fault.

I'm just happy I'm not going to verizon tomorrow for a replacement
    03-01-09 09:03 PM
    Lol, what a bunch of smart a**es huh!
    But seriously good for you man, I am sure otterbox protects the phone really good. But, to each his own. I'll stick with carrying mine in a pocket.
    03-01-09 09:21 PM
    belt clip ftw.
    03-01-09 10:17 PM
    Sounds wacked but sometimes I think I'd like to drop my phone and smash it so I could finally use the insurance I've paid for for the last 5 years and never used! Too OCD to remove and the Otterbox is too large. Glad your Storm didn't get smashed ;-)
    03-01-09 10:26 PM
    Anybody remember Pippi Longstocking? She thought she was all that 'cause she was smart enough to wear a bucket over her head so when she tripped & fell her head wouldn't get hurt. Of course without the bucket she wouldn't be tripping ...

LOL. I can't believe I just read a reference to Pippi Longstocking Up until this very moment I completely forgot about that girl.
    03-01-09 10:43 PM
    LOL. I can't believe I just read a reference to Pippi Longstocking Up until this very moment I completely forgot about that girl.
    OMG... I thought that girls was just a dream in elementary school. It was true!!
    03-01-09 10:47 PM
    Glad it worked out for ya without a scratch.
    03-01-09 10:53 PM
    OMG... I thought that girls was just a dream in elementary school. It was true!!

Well the girl (Tami Erin) that played Pippi in the 1988 American Version of the movie don't look so bad today either!!

03-02-09 08:31 AM
    Glad that your Storm is ok. Your story will make me think about getting the Otterbox for sure.
    03-02-09 10:34 AM
    Wow Pippi is looking good. Glad your phone is ok.
    03-02-09 12:09 PM
    i will definitely not think about an otterbox. i dropped my phone from about ten feet high onto a hard concrete floor. no case, no silicon, nothing. phone is fine. i swear there isnt a scratch or a dent. it stayed on too! crazy bb's
    03-02-09 12:09 PM
    I am glad your Storm survived. There has been a quite a few posts about people's storms biting it hard and coming out alright on the other end.

Someone wrecked their car and the phone was flying around the inside of the car, and was found on the road by the person whose phone it was and it supposedly worked fine.
    03-02-09 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD