Sooo...I dropped my Beloved Storm 2 and it hit the ground face down and the screen is all cracked...Luckily I bought Insurance and Filed a claim...Phone should be here tomorrow (Friday). Has anyone filed a claim with Insurion? Are their phones reliable and just as good as a phone VZW would ship me. I am hoping not to be disapointed
    04-16-10 12:53 AM
    Honestly, based on what I've read it's a carp shoot. You might get a good one or you might get a total POS. If it sucks though, send it back!

Sorry to hear about the accident. I might recommend some extra protection for your Storm!
    04-16-10 12:57 AM
    Their junk claimed to be refurb hence no battery door but I haven't had bad luck out of my 3rd curve it worked perfectly for the longest time till I went 9550. My first Bluetooth quit working second random reboots and blown ear speaker

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-10 12:59 AM
    I guess I will see and report back tomorrow night, They said they had no refurbs and would have to send a new in box replacement
    04-16-10 01:00 AM
    Sooo...I dropped my Beloved Storm 2 and it hit the ground face down and the screen is all cracked...Luckily I bought Insurance and Filed a claim...Phone should be here tomorrow (Friday). Has anyone filed a claim with Insurion? Are their phones reliable and just as good as a phone VZW would ship me. I am hoping not to be disapointed
    HAHA same thing just happened to me like last week. Went online ordered a new phone, got a brand new one in a box with a new charger, OEM battery, sim card, and 16 gig memory card...No problems at all, phone works perfectly...And it's not a refurb either...

Same thing happened to my dad actually not too long ago, his got ran over by a scissor lift at work though, shattered the thing to pieces...He called, had a replacement sent, came in a white box, generic battery (lower strength than the OEM) no sim card, and no memory card...

He had a problem with the phone, had a blown speaker and couldn't hear anything, called back up, had a new phone (as mine was, brand new box, sim card, OEM battery, charger, the whole nine yards) sitting on our front patio a day later...

So long story short, if you get a crap phone...call em up and they'll promptly send you a new one to make things right...Plus who can beat next day delivery, and a prepaid return!?

edit: I know his first was a refurb because under the battery it didn't have the original stickers...Had one large sticker that had the words "remanufactured phone" on it...Mine and his new one didn't, they have the original stickers that came with our first phones from Verizon...Just FYI for when you get yours
    04-16-10 01:02 AM
    Nice. When my original blew the ear speaker I got one in a brown box with a new battery door but no battery or sd card just a new Sim

04-16-10 01:07 AM
    That sucks....last night mine took a 3ft fall onto my marble floor, luckily everything is okay...

04-16-10 08:29 AM
    Sorry to hear that. I know how you feel, just dropped mine last month. http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/wa...-story-439465/ On the bright side tho, when i got my phone from Asurion, it was brand new! They sent me a new battery, back cover and all. Everything still sealed like I had just purchased it. It actually worked out for the better and I'm glad it happened as bad as that sounds. Hopefully it will work out the same for you!!
    04-16-10 08:48 AM
    I got a refurb when I had my Curve replaced. I think it's b/c the 8330 is so old. Didn't they stop making it? With the newer phones refurbs may not yet be an option.
    04-16-10 04:09 PM
    same thing happened to my phone, a WEEK after i received my new replacement from asurion. First one was stolen, a week later screen shatters...

Asurion will send you a brand new replacement for $89 copay.

Out of the 3 that i received from them 2 were new versions, if you receive a bad version just call them and tell them its defective.
    04-16-10 05:58 PM
    I received my Storm 2 9550 Insurance replacement yesterday. It was a brand new in box unit with new battery, charger, SIM, SD Card and back. Its working fantastic. Im so glad i had the insurance -I would hate to pay full retail to replace it.
    04-17-10 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD