That's an interesting analogy: comparing sexual assault and mayhem with two smart phones...nice job!
    First droid of 2011...the "Droid Sodomy"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-10 09:17 PM
    Bingo! Give that man a droid X!
    09-14-10 10:22 PM
    First droid of 2011...the "Droid Sodomy"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    What about Droid XXX!
    09-15-10 06:22 AM
    But it can't even cut & paste...I cannot believe that would be omitted!
    It can, the functionality is just limited.

You can copy and paste things from the browser and text messages. The geniuses at Google didn't bother to add that same functionality to their gmail app so I can't copy anything from my emails by default (at least not on Android 2.1).
    09-15-10 06:51 AM
    It can, the functionality is just limited.

You can copy and paste things from the browser and text messages. The geniuses at Google didn't bother to add that same functionality to their gmail app so I can't copy anything from my emails by default (at least not on Android 2.1).
    Cut on paste works just fine on the gmobile app on my S2.
    09-15-10 09:21 AM
    Cut on paste works just fine on the gmobile app on my S2.
    Yeah I remember it worked well on my 9550 too...except for the actual cursors you'd use to select text....those things could get a little jumpy.

Like I said, there is a work around for it, but it's for rooted users only (no big deal) and has about an 80% success rate. Kinda a bummer but no phone is perfect.
    09-15-10 10:09 AM
    Yeah I remember it worked well on my 9550 too...except for the actual cursors you'd use to select text....those things could get a little jumpy.

Like I said, there is a work around for it, but it's for rooted users only (no big deal) and has about an 80% success rate. Kinda a bummer but no phone is perfect.
    Bolded for emphasis. Absolutely. You get to pick the phone that provides you with the most benefits and the least negatives.
    09-15-10 10:59 AM
    I can cut and paste from my X from the web or from a text, but not from email. Oh well...you can find flaws in any phone out there. Each person just needs to find the device that does the most, as that person's needs dictate. The nice thing about google/android, is that they listen to what the people want, create it and then give it to them for free. RIM is too caught up in doing what the CEO's of fortune 500 companies (these contracts are where 90% of there revenue comes from) want, which is your basic communication/email device...no frills, and as long a battery life as can be had. The battery part (Storm being the exception here because of the giant screen) is what really drives RIM development. You just can't run all the apps and process things at "technology edge" speeds and still run for 2 to 4 days on a single charge. The CEO's don't wont there people out there with dead batteries. This fundamental development philosophy is why RIM will not be going away, as well as why most people here at CrackBerry are going to continue to be frustrated with RIM and feel like they.re being left behind.

For me, cut and past email and BBM are not good enough reason to stick with this platform when there is one that is so much more advanced out there. Besides, developers are flocking to Android (from both RIM and Apple) by the boatloads. Whatever a droid doesn't have today, it will have tomorrow.
    09-16-10 12:33 PM
    the email copy/paste is on certain devices, with HTC email you can do this function very nicely. i like the HTC mail, but it only allows 1 exchange account. With hotmail now using activesync i need 2 so i switched to vanilla email which is on the purely droid based device. I dont like it near as much, but it has multiple activesync/exchange function
    09-16-10 12:53 PM
184 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD