I've got 1.6.2. It keeps giving me literal text in place of the dialog box for choosing an email addy for a contact. My wife's phone has the same version and it works fine. I've deleted and reinstalled the app, and I've deleted the contacts database (at the dragon server) a couple of times.

anyone else having trouble with the email field? (It USED to work fine, btw)

things have gone from bad to worse--now I can no longer use the keyboard with dragon, when composing an email.
    Last edited by dave1812; 06-09-10 at 08:58 PM.
    06-09-10 12:01 AM
    I've got 1.6.2. It keeps giving me literal text in place of the dialog box for choosing an email addy for a contact. My wife's phone has the same version and it works fine. I've deleted and reinstalled the app, and I've deleted the contacts database (at the dragon server) a couple of times.

anyone else having trouble with the email field? (It USED to work fine, btw)

things have gone from bad to worse--now I can no longer use the keyboard with dragon, when composing an email.
    That sucks! Mostly I use Xobni for my address fields, but I have not had an issue with Dragon anywhere else.

Have you installed something recently that may be causing the issue. Odd for a program to just stop working fine (unless you are in a Windows OS )
    06-09-10 07:29 AM
    That sucks! Mostly I use Xobni for my address fields, but I have not had an issue with Dragon anywhere else.

Have you installed something recently that may be causing the issue. Odd for a program to just stop working fine (unless you are in a Windows OS )
    LOL! No, I can't think of anything I've added to the phone since dragon worked, other than FML. oh, and a battery pull got the keyboard working again in dragon.

EDIT: I emailed Nuance this morning; got a form reply for now.
    Last edited by dave1812; 06-09-10 at 09:15 AM.
    06-09-10 08:42 AM
    7 emails from Nuance and still no resolution. grr. they aren't paying close attention to what I'd told them in previous emails, so they keep asking the same questions.
    06-09-10 02:08 PM
    Did you try an uninstall/reinstall??

seems like ur the only one having the issue right now. Everything is a-okay over here.
    06-09-10 02:43 PM
    I still think it was an app installed after, and it sounds like FML is the only candidate. Dave, I have constructed this post for you . . .

Today, I was so excited to install a new app on my BlackBerry so that I could laugh at the misfortune of others. Turns out that app messed up one of my favorite productivity apps and now I cannot use Dragon for E-mail, FML.
    06-09-10 02:47 PM
    I still think it was an app installed after, and it sounds like FML is the only candidate. Dave, I have constructed this post for you . . .

Today, I was so excited to install a new app on my BlackBerry so that I could laugh at the misfortune of others. Turns out that app messed up one of my favorite productivity apps and now I cannot use Dragon for E-mail, FML.
    I deleted FML (as a precaution, at the behest of Verizon tech support) and another app that was recently updated, along with Dragon. battery pull. reinstalled Dragon. same issues. I've reinstalled at least 3 times since yesterday. refreshed the contacts list with dragon numerous times. all i get in the "to" field, is the NAME of the contact--not the email addy like I used to get.
    06-09-10 02:56 PM
    Did you try an uninstall/reinstall??

seems like ur the only one having the issue right now. Everything is a-okay over here.
    everythings cool on my wife's phone's Dragon app too.
    06-09-10 02:58 PM
    I deleted FML (as a precaution, at the behest of Verizon tech support) and another app that was recently updated, along with Dragon. battery pull. reinstalled Dragon. same issues. I've reinstalled at least 3 times since yesterday. refreshed the contacts list with dragon numerous times. all i get in the "to" field, is the NAME of the contact--not the email addy like I used to get.
    I still like the irony of my scenario, so I'm sticking with it.

Seriously though, that is really strange. I wonder if something is going on with your address book. Have you tried voice dial? Do you have it working again for the body of the email?
    06-09-10 03:09 PM
    I still like the irony of my scenario, so I'm sticking with it.

Seriously though, that is really strange. I wonder if something is going on with your address book. Have you tried voice dial? Do you have it working again for the body of the email?
    voice dialing (the first thing the verizon guy asked) works fine. voice recognition works great in Google Mobile App, and in Dragon. It just doesn't' correlate the spoken name with the contact's email addy. otherwise it works great for dictating the subject and body of the email. For me, the big thing about Dragon is it frees me (when it's working) from having to type in long email addys by hand.
    06-09-10 03:12 PM
    17 emails traded with Nuance now. it's now escalated (finally) to "engineering". I still suspect their database.
    06-09-10 03:22 PM
    for grins I backed up my address book, deleted the address book database from my phone. added back one new contact (me). installed dragon. tried it out. same issue--all i get is literal text in the "send to" field. i think that pretty much lays blame for the issue on Nuance's side.

A workaround for me, until this gets fixed, is that I can go into my Contacts on my phone, select who I want to email, hit the BB button, and choose "Email [whoever]". That brings up the compose email app, with the "to" field filled out with the contact's email addy. then I can use Dragon to dictate the subject line and the text body. better than nothing.
    Last edited by dave1812; 06-09-10 at 04:56 PM.
    06-09-10 03:37 PM
    for grins I backed up my address book, deleted the address book database from my phone. added back one new contact (me). installed dragon. tried it out. same issue--all i get is literal text in the "send to" field. i think that pretty much lays blame for the issue on Nuance's side.

A workaround for me, until this gets fixed, is that I can go into my Contacts on my phone, select who I want to email, hit the BB button, and choose "Email [whoever]". That brings up the compose email app, with the "to" field filled out with the contact's email addy. then I can use Dragon to dictate the subject line and the text body. better than nothing.
    Doesn't your To: field start to autofill from your contacts while you are typing? Even with SureType on, I rarely have to enter more than 3 or 4 letters before I have the name on the screen to pick. Wouldn't that save the step of going to your contacts on your phone?

That brings up a second point, the literal text should pull an e-mail address, shouldn't it?
    06-09-10 06:43 PM
    Doesn't your To: field start to autofill from your contacts while you are typing? Even with SureType on, I rarely have to enter more than 3 or 4 letters before I have the name on the screen to pick. Wouldn't that save the step of going to your contacts on your phone?

That brings up a second point, the literal text should pull an e-mail address, shouldn't it?
    no it doesn't do that.

AHA! I can't get it to autofill when typing. My wife's phone will bring up a window with contacts. HELP! how do I fix that. I bet ThAT'S the issue--something wacky with the settings or the OS, rather than Dragon.
    06-09-10 06:59 PM
    no it doesn't do that.

AHA! I can't get it to autofill when typing. My wife's phone will bring up a window with contacts. HELP! how do I fix that. I bet ThAT'S the issue--something wacky with the settings or the OS, rather than Dragon.
    I don't see any options for that off hand, but I feel pretty confident that is your issue.
    06-09-10 07:13 PM
    I don't see any options for that off hand, but I feel pretty confident that is your issue.
    I'm on hold for RIM right now. the verizon guy had me do a battery pull and *228 and service books. I'd already done all but the 228 thing several times today. I just hope I don't have to wipe and reinstall the OS! fingers crossed...

and thanks for pointing me in the right direction., I'm sure the lack of autofill is the crux of the problem with Dragon.
    06-09-10 07:25 PM
    How can I download it? I go to the Blackberry Apps, and I have it send a link to my phone. However, the link they send is the link to the Blackberry Apps page that has the same thing!

It's a circular link and no download!
    06-09-10 07:31 PM
    How can I download it? I go to the Blackberry Apps, and I have it send a link to my phone. However, the link they send is the link to the Blackberry Apps page that has the same thing!

It's a circular link and no download!
    you must install appworld. then u can just search for it. i don't think there is any way to install it without app world. I tried in vain and ended up installing app world just because i wanted dragon.
    06-09-10 07:38 PM
    Hurray! I did a backup, reinstall OS and restore and got all my apps back (except for dragon, which was deleted prior to the process), and now I get autocompletion working in the "to" field--it grabs info from Contacts! I'll update this when I get dragon installed, but I don't foresee any issue. back in a bit... YUP! Dragon is working like a champ once again. WHEW!! what an ordeal!
    Last edited by dave1812; 06-09-10 at 08:57 PM.
    06-09-10 08:51 PM
    Hurray! I did a backup, reinstall OS and restore and got all my apps back (except for dragon, which was deleted prior to the process), and now I get autocompletion working in the "to" field--it grabs info from Contacts! I'll update this when I get dragon installed, but I don't foresee any issue. back in a bit... YUP! Dragon is working like a champ once again. WHEW!! what an ordeal!
    Good to hear, wonder wtf happened to cause you to lose it???
    06-09-10 10:54 PM
    Good to hear, wonder wtf happened to cause you to lose it???
    that's what I'd like to know too! I'm just happy that my phone is working great now. and I'm glad I didn't have to reinstall all my apps--they all reappeared in working order, following the restore process.
    06-10-10 10:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD