How do you clear the downloads page without deleting the items that you downloaded?

I don't see any way to clear finished downloads.
    05-27-09 01:03 PM
    How do you clear the downloads page without deleting the items that you downloaded?

I don't see any way to clear finished downloads.
    I'm not sure I understand what you're asking... but clearing the cache and history in the browser won't delete the things that you have downloaded to your device.
    05-27-09 01:35 PM
    That I know but I tried that and it didn't clean the items that I had downloaded on the browser.
    Let me see if I can explain it better.
    You are in the browser and download a video from anywhere, weather, youtube, etc. While its downloading the screen switched to a download screen. It keeps a list of items downloaded there. I want to clear that to see if it will free up more mem and clearing the history etc doesn't seem to do the trick. If you highlight it and chose delete out of the menu it deletes the video off the memory card.
    Maybe I just need a good ol battery pull to see if that helps her out any.

Also if a download fails is there anyway to get it to restart from where it left off? Restarting the download from scratch just seems stupid to me.
    Last edited by sinfuldragon; 05-27-09 at 01:41 PM.
    05-27-09 01:38 PM
    Is it that you just want to empty the folder? If that's the case, just move the downloaded files to another folder or the home screen.
    05-27-09 01:40 PM
    Its not related to the downloads folder icon that you see... or I don't think since its saving the clips in the correct place (the videos folder).

I just did a batt pull and will download a clip and take some screen shots to maybe get a better understanding of what I'm talking about.
    05-27-09 01:49 PM
    are you referring to apps or media that you're downloading?
    05-27-09 01:51 PM
    hey since i upgrade my software i been having problem typing and when someone txt me i hit the button and screen and it will not stop the ring tone the screen will be black for a lil while intill it stop ring how do i fix it
    05-27-09 02:01 PM
    hey since i upgrade my software i been having problem typing and when someone txt me i hit the button and screen and it will not stop the ring tone the screen will be black for a lil while intill it stop ring how do i fix it
    first, welcome to CB...

the first step is to find a thread discussing the issue, or somewhat on the topic of fixing something closer to your issue. posting off topic like this is kind of rude, sorry. but you gotta learn sometime

email me if you can't find an answer and we'll discuss it.
    05-27-09 02:03 PM
    Media that I'm downloading.
    05-27-09 02:03 PM
    media should go to your memory card. it doesn't use app memory.

so when you download media, it should prompt you where you want to save it. if you formatted the memory card correctly, it should say

blackberry>
    documents
    music
    pictures
    ringtones
    videos
    voicenotes

where are you saving the media to?
    05-27-09 02:13 PM
    hey i had chinesse for dinner last night, ne one know how to help me

did you even bother to read or try anything. or just click click click type... go here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/
    05-27-09 02:18 PM
    hey i had chinesse for dinner last night, ne one know how to help me

did you even bother to read or try anything. or just click click click type... go here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/

really unnecessary, considering i already told him what to do. but thanks for the input! lol...how was your chinese? what'd you have?
    05-27-09 02:20 PM
    and everyone knows that the search function on here isn't worth the gold lettering its made out of!
    05-27-09 02:22 PM
    Ok, seems the battery pull is what it needed.

Clear the history AND restart the browser and it will remove the download history. Didn't do this before the battery pull

Here is a screenshot to show everyone what I was talking about.
    05-27-09 02:29 PM
    ah, i don't DL via the device, i usually DL to my PC then drag/drop, so not an issue.
    05-27-09 02:32 PM
    really unnecessary, considering i already told him what to do. but thanks for the input! lol...how was your chinese? what'd you have?
    lol actually i gotta call but prolly started at the same time you did...sry patches and i had general tso's
    05-27-09 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD