I just have a few questions. I know there are several ways to get the update tomorrow. Mainly, I would like to know if I do the OTA way, what do I need to do? Must I have the phone plugged in and charging, do I have to remain in an area with signal (ie, no buildings that don't get you signal, etc)? This is my first blackberry and I have never done a phone update before.

Also, how long (time wise) could I be looking at if I did it OTA? (I'm guessing its a 100MB+ file update, but I do not know). Would it take an eternity to download?

Finally, if someone can give me a STEP-BY-STEP mini-guide for downloading/getting the update BOTH WAYS that I've mentioned. I'm confused on what to do, how to do it, and how the DM fits in. Thanks guys!
    12-04-08 11:46 PM
    Just make sure that your phone has a good solid charge, I would say over 80% just to be safe. You do not need to have it plugged into anything. You should make sure to keep it in an area in which you have a strong signal. I am not sure as to the time length to get the OTA update, but I am sure it varies on your signal strength and what not.
    12-04-08 11:50 PM
    Anyone? I'm really anxious to find out as soon as possible so that I can download the update and be ready for it asap.
    12-05-08 12:18 AM
    OTA download takes between 30-45 mins, and make sure you have it plugged in because if it dies your phone will be bricked.
    12-05-08 12:31 AM
    Look at the sticky it has all the info you need

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-08 12:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD