Is it possible to download ringtones from the Verizon site for the Storm? I was told that you could not do so with the BlackBerry's. If I can't is there anywhere else I can purchase them other than the free ones from here? Thanks in advance.
    12-05-08 08:58 PM
    You can make your own with an audio editing program and then transfer them to your SD card.
    12-05-08 09:02 PM
    Is it possible to download ringtones from the Verizon site for the Storm? I was told that you could not do so with the BlackBerry's. If I can't is there anywhere else I can purchase them other than the free ones from here? Thanks in advance.
    Dude just transfer songs from you computer to your phone and just use them as ringtones. You don't have to pay Verizion. You can use a mp3 program that cuts the song to whatever part you want to hear as a ringtone. There are free ones, just google it.
    12-05-08 09:05 PM
    Anyone know of a good editing program to use? With some directions as well? Never tried making my own.
    12-05-08 09:08 PM
    How do I get the clicking sound when typing on the keyboard.
    12-05-08 09:22 PM
    How do I get the clicking sound when typing on the keyboard.
    did he really just ask that in this thread?
    12-05-08 09:23 PM
    I have a mac and I use Audacity.

-Open a song in Audacity.
    -Listen to the song to decide what part of the song you want the ringtone to be.
    -Select that, and either "trim" or copy the selection into a new project.
    -From there export the file as an MP3 to maybe a folder titled ringtones.
    (I never tried the next part on my Storm, but assume it would go like this)
    -When you connect your Storm to your computer transfer the ringtones you created to the media card.

This should work.. maybe that was still confusing though.. eh. I tried. Oh, I would think the basic process would be the same for any audio editing program.
    12-05-08 09:24 PM
    I found some nice free ones already made up at zerge.net
    12-05-08 09:26 PM
    did he really just ask that in this thread?
    hahah... I think it's a she...and yeah.
    12-05-08 09:27 PM
    i downloaded POWER MP3 CUTTER for my pc! it works great
    you just take the song cut it. save it> its super easy to use!
    12-05-08 09:35 PM
    I use myxer.com its free and nothing to download. Just upload a song or use one that's already uploaded. You can cut 30 secs or so out of the song or select premade 30 sec sections of popular songs. Save it to your computer, and then plug in BB and drop it in your ringtone folder.
    12-05-08 09:36 PM
    If you have I tunes. (1) Right click on song you want to use. (2) Select "get info" (3) select "option" (4) select start and stop times and click OK.(5) Right click on song again and select "convert to ACC version" This will add converted track next to the original. Then simply copy to your ringtone folder.
    12-05-08 11:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD