Good evening all,

Just got the storm.

I was hoping to get a little help downloading some pics I took with my storm onto my pc.

Let me first start my saying I do not have a memory card yet. I will get one, but have not had the op.

I have download both cd's that came with my phone i.e., blackberry desktop user tools as well as the cd my provider (Verizon) sent.

So now what?

Its probably been asked a billion times but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!
    05-10-09 11:47 PM
    first off, your storm should already have an 8gb card. if not then you might want to go back to verizon and get your memory card from them.

easiest way to transfer your pictures from your storm to your pc is to connect via usb cable, also provided in the box that comes with your storm. but make sure you enable mass media mode first (go to options > memory > media transfer protocol (mtp) > on > mass storage mode support > on > auto enable mass storage mode when connected > yes). this will make your pc recognize your phone's internal device memory (1gb) and memory card as a flash drive.

when you've connected your storm to your pc there should be an autorun memu pop up, if not then go to my computer and you should be able to see two new drives that have your storm media files in them.

hope this helped.
    05-11-09 12:07 AM
    jaylee:

You rock! It worked perfectly!

Thanks for the help...and the clear instuctions. I really do appreciate.

Was the memory card that came with your storm already in the phone or was it in the box? i do not believe I received one.

Thanks again. Have a good week!
    05-11-09 01:27 AM
    jaylee:

Was the memory card that came with your storm already in the phone or was it in the box? i do not believe I received one.

The memory card was a carrier option. Some carriers included a carrying case (I think) instead of the card. You don't say what carrier, but Verizon for sure should have had a card installed in the phone. I don't think any of the Storm 9500's came with memory cards, if that helps. Post your carrier and someone will know the correct answer.

Edit: Duh, you do say Verizon...I guess I was focusing too much on your phone model. Yes, the card should have been pre-installed in the phone...8GB Micro SDHC. Was the phone brand new? I'd go to VZW and let them know they owe you a card if that's the case.
    Last edited by ChuckH0308; 05-11-09 at 01:53 AM.
    05-11-09 01:51 AM
    Shouldve been installed by vzw. Open your batt cover you should see it in there. If not take it back and have them get you one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 02:22 AM
    When I got mine through Verizon, the memory card was already in the phone so if you got it brand new from Verizon, check like ohtiggerr said.

You can also email yourself the picture. If it's just one or two pictures I need, I usually email it to myself. When I want to transfer a bunch of pictures (like after a trip), I connect it to my PC and just transfer using Mass Storage Mode.
    05-11-09 03:51 AM
    jaylee:

The memory card comes in the phone, pop open the back and it should be there, chillin! If not you need to go back and get it from verizon.
    05-11-09 06:33 AM
    jaylee:

no problem. glad i could help.

as for the memory card, like the others have stated in the forum already, that it should come installed in your phone already. again, if it is not there, you should take it back and get one from verizon.
    05-11-09 08:22 AM
    Hey all.

Thanks for all the responses. I am a dork. It is there.

Have a good one.
    05-14-09 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD