I was in the verizon store this morning because i think i am going to get a blackberry today, my first one. So since i am on verizon it is really between and storm, and the curve. In talking with the guy he expressed his dislike with the storm for the first few month, but then downloaded .109, and appleberry theme and now loves it. I know in reading a bunch online that the leaked OS's are the way to go, people love 109 but i dont think i know enough about computers to do it, and i have a mac (cant you not do it with a mac?) But to the point the guy at the verizon store said he downloaded 109 OTA, and i havent found anything online that has ever said you can download leaked OS's OTA, everything i read says you have to plug it in and use desktop manager. Is this guy dumb, or am i missing something. Any help with this would be great, and i hope to be a blackberry user very soon.

Thank for the help
    03-15-09 12:07 PM
    Unless I'm way off base he is crazy, there is not OTA .109 (or other OS for that matter) out there.
    03-15-09 12:30 PM
    Unless I'm way off base he is crazy, there is not OTA .109 (or other OS for that matter) out there.
    Not yet any way. There is an option for Wireless Upgrade on 4.5 and up; it does not work yet, but I am thinking that it will happen soon.
    03-15-09 12:33 PM
    He didn't do it OTA.
    03-15-09 12:35 PM
    I might be mistaken but wasn't .75 available OTA?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 01:06 PM
    It was but that was the official os from verizon

03-15-09 01:10 PM
    My point being OTA is available and does work for official OS updates. Not leaked.

It was but that was the official os from verizon

03-15-09 01:14 PM
    You can update OTA with a BES running version 5.0 which is still due for release. The BES admin would also have to make it available. The only way he could have done it is if Verizon has a BES and their BES admin is running a pre-release version of 5.0 and made the leaked .109 available for upgrade.

Note totally outside the realm of possibility however, unlikely. I'm sure RIM would give an unfinished copy of BES 5.0 to Verizon being that they sell a crap ton of their devices. But then that admin would also have to be willing to allow a leaked OS to be distributed through his server and make it available to some lowly Verizon rep. Again, possible but unlikely.
    Last edited by Klypr; 03-15-09 at 01:31 PM.
    03-15-09 01:18 PM
    .109 is a good leaked version to run,

but his theam sucks.... don't make your blackberry into a iphone wanna be running a apple theam on it.
    03-15-09 03:20 PM
    Although I doubt it, it is possible that Verizon made it available to some of their people via OTA. I suspect if that was the case, we would be hearing more about it.
    03-15-09 08:17 PM
    He didn't say anything about it being a VZW rep that did the download. He just said some guy in the store. I have heard some pretty crazy stuff in the verizon store by me. From customers as well as reps.
    03-15-09 08:47 PM
    You can update OTA with a BES running version 5.0 which is still due for release. The BES admin would also have to make it available. The only way he could have done it is if Verizon has a BES and their BES admin is running a pre-release version of 5.0 and made the leaked .109 available for upgrade.

Note totally outside the realm of possibility however, unlikely. I'm sure RIM would give an unfinished copy of BES 5.0 to Verizon being that they sell a crap ton of their devices. But then that admin would also have to be willing to allow a leaked OS to be distributed through his server and make it available to some lowly Verizon rep. Again, possible but unlikely.
    You don't need a 5.0 BES, or even download the OS to the BES. When Verizon did release the update, updating my devices through BES was quite easy. But it won't work with a leak of course.
    03-15-09 09:38 PM
    You could go with Fusion - VMWare for Apple - and Storm to get to 109. VMWare makes good stuff. Stick with Windows XP.

Doctor Neutron
    03-15-09 09:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD