I've tried 5 times to upload the .141 file and load the new software on to my BB Storm. ANy advice on how to download this would be greatly appreciated! I've downloaded the Desktop mgr also.

Thanks
    05-26-09 03:16 PM
    Well, your post doesn't tell much about why it did not work, but I would recommend that you install .148 instead of .141. It's newer, and based on most folks responses (mine included), more stable and overall better. That being said, whether you continue on with .141 or go to .148, if you having problems, I would download a fresh copy from here (http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/al...-betas-123176/). Before you go any further, I would do a back up and a 3rd party back up (http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...-4-7-a-125449/) from Desktop Manager, then close DM. Then I would use control panel to remove all versions of upgrades you have tried to install, then go to program files>common files>Research In Motion>shared>loader files and delete any directory that might remain in the loader files directory. Then I would reboot the PC, and do a battery pull on the phone as well. When the PC comes back up, double click the new OS exe you freshly downloaded. After it's installed, go to the Research In Motion>Apploader directory and delete the file called vendor.xml. Then in that same diretory, double click the file called loader.exe. It will install the new OS quicker than Desktop Manager will. As long as you accept the defaults for that install, it will also backup and restore your data and settings. Then your done and VERY happy with new, fast Storm.

It would be a GREAT idea to read through this thread...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/n0...source-213706/

Grey
    05-26-09 04:25 PM
    Thank you> I dont seee the .148 file on the link unfortunately.

Thanks again!
    05-26-09 04:49 PM
    if you go to the OS sub-forum, there is a thread for .148 leak, CX hasn't updated the thread with the .148 link yet...i PM'ed and emailed mods, no response yet...
    05-26-09 04:53 PM
    ok, i think clearing out the old versions and removing battery helped. it is downloading now to the phone. Is there a way to check the phone to ensure i have the .141 version?

Thank you all!
    05-26-09 05:46 PM
    go to any message field, type "myver" then space, without the quotes of course...

or options>about

or even more uber-advanced, hold the clear button and click the top left/top right/top left/top right in that sequence, you should get a "help" screen...

good luck, n00b! we wanna hear what you think about the new OS.
    05-26-09 05:54 PM
    ok, i think clearing out the old versions and removing battery helped. it is downloading now to the phone. Is there a way to check the phone to ensure i have the .141 version?

Thank you all!
    I'm telling you right now. YOU DON'T WANT .132 OR .141 ON YOUR PHONE!!! Update to .148 or don't update at all. .141 has issues that can cause you to loose data in certain situations. I suggest you stay away from .132 and .141 if you can.
    05-26-09 06:05 PM
    yep its on there finally, thanks to you all and this site. Only problem is my contacts werent' saved. Is there any way to retrive my contacts?
    05-26-09 06:28 PM
    you just use the restore on the DM or re-sync if you saved them to outlook or your email acct, etc.
    05-26-09 07:54 PM
    I'm telling you right now. YOU DON'T WANT .132 OR .141 ON YOUR PHONE!!! Update to .148 or don't update at all. .141 has issues that can cause you to loose data in certain situations. I suggest you stay away from .132 and .141 if you can.
    What is wrong with .132? I am using it for a few weeks now and have to say I love it. Much better then .75. From what I have read most agree with me. I hear that .148 is great I just have not seen the need to do it yet. I would like to hear what you are complaining about. Maybe there is a problem that I havent experienced yet and I will once I am aware of it. Thanks
    05-26-09 08:01 PM

or even more uber-advanced, hold the clear button and click the top left/top right/top left/top right in that sequence, you should get a "help" screen...
    ooohhhh, I feel so uber advanced now......thx
    Last edited by paulwright1; 05-26-09 at 08:08 PM.
    05-26-09 08:05 PM
    What is wrong with .132? I am using it for a few weeks now and have to say I love it. Much better then .75. From what I have read most agree with me. I hear that .148 is great I just have not seen the need to do it yet. I would like to hear what you are complaining about. Maybe there is a problem that I havent experienced yet and I will once I am aware of it. Thanks

its is just an all around improvement...it fixes all of the reasons that the previous OS builds failed for...but there are still bugs. i say you should upgrade to .148 TODAY!
    05-26-09 08:13 PM
    are there any visable differences btwn 141 and 148? i just downloaded 141 yesterday, big improvment in speed over the original version.

thanks
    05-27-09 01:17 PM
    not a visible improvement, but there is a functional improvement. the bugs that caused .141 to fail are fixed with .148.

i posted a change log between .141 and .148 in the findings thread for .148, should be on the first page. go check it out.
    05-27-09 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD