hey i downloaded the .148 yesterday and i cant figure out how to put it back in t9.i tried suretype and multitap and they both dont work for t9.oh ya i have the storm 2.it happened after i downloaded the new version cuz it ike restarted my phone over.yes i ama newbie sorryyyy
    can someone please help me!!?!?!?!
    06-01-09 02:00 PM
    t9 was taken out of os's at around .113 if i remember correctly so i hate to break it to you but theres nothing you can really do =/
    06-01-09 02:03 PM
    hey i downloaded the .148 yesterday and i cant figure out how to put it back in t9.i tried suretype and multitap and they both dont work for t9.oh ya i have the storm 2.it happened after i downloaded the new version cuz it ike restarted my phone over.yes i ama newbie sorryyyy
    can someone please help me!!?!?!?!
    Please at least attempt to use correct grammar. Makes people think you're saying things that you aren't -- "I have the storm 2" doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Also, in general, makes us not want to read your post.
    06-01-09 02:27 PM
    T9 sucks anyways

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 02:29 PM
    OP = pwned.
    06-01-09 02:31 PM
    excuse my ignorance but what is t9? i assume its a method of text input but not entirely sure.
    06-01-09 02:33 PM
    excuse my ignorance but what is t9? i assume its a method of text input but not entirely sure.
    Text input like on a dumb phone

06-01-09 03:45 PM
    I'm convinced people just like to create member accounts on here, and post rubbish like this. Seeing as how there are responses, yet the OP has abandoned the thread. I'd think if you were really lookin for answers, you'd have more to say.

And seriously...could the OP sound any more stupid? I mean, i'm all for the shortening of words for the interwebs postings and all.....but that's just ******** typing.

anyway, as someone else said, i think they did away with t9..now that you can have a full keyboard in portrait or landscape...why would you want the multi-tap (which is where t9 was before). You're not saving anytime by using t9 over the full keyboard. The only time it was a disadvantage, was when you couldn't type the word you WANTED to....

so, not that it matters, as i'm sure this post is just meant for everyone to get annoyed over, or to argue over some "flaw" in the phone..and the new OS.......
    06-01-09 03:56 PM

anyway, as someone else said, i think they did away with t9..now that you can have a full keyboard in portrait or landscape...why would you want the multi-tap (which is where t9 was before). You're not saving anytime by using t9 over the full keyboard. The only time it was a disadvantage, was when you couldn't type the word you WANTED to....

so, not that it matters, as i'm sure this post is just meant for everyone to get annoyed over, or to argue over some "flaw" in the phone..and the new OS.......
    I completely DISAGREE! T9 is much more faster and precise.
    I wish I had it again. In fact, I dont see that much improvement in these upgrades that I'm willing to go back to .85 or whichever the one before T9 was taken out (even if it means I lose the scrolling highlighter for copy and paste).

1. T9 only requires 9 keys, not 20 for suretype or the full QWERTY. With T9 you hit about 4 keys and next, and you have the word. Suretype and full keyboard give 10 to 20 more word combination possibilites making it harder and slower
    2. Since T9 is only nine keys, the keys are bigger and you dont need to be as precise when pressing a button
    3. Again, since its only nine keys and the buttons are bigger, I can literally text a full conversation in one hand while driving and not even have to look at the keypad.
    06-01-09 07:57 PM
    I completely agree T9 is awesome...I'm not good on Suretype I probably could be if I spent the time to get to "know" it. Hopefully with the next update they will bring T9 back. Once you get the hang of it remembers words you use more often than others and it makes typing a whole lot faster.
    06-01-09 11:12 PM
    I completely agree T9 is awesome...I'm not good on Suretype I probably could be if I spent the time to get to "know" it. Hopefully with the next update they will bring T9 back. Once you get the hang of it remembers words you use more often than others and it makes typing a whole lot faster.
    Um, SureType does this too. Even better, perhaps, since the letters are only two per button, not three. Also, the multitap was implemented to input passwords, since I guess RIM doesn't see why anyone would still want to use multitap for normal typing, its so slow.

06-01-09 11:16 PM
    I completely DISAGREE! T9 is much more faster and precise.
    I wish I had it again. In fact, I dont see that much improvement in these upgrades that I'm willing to go back to .85 or whichever the one before T9 was taken out (even if it means I lose the scrolling highlighter for copy and paste).

1. T9 only requires 9 keys, not 20 for suretype or the full QWERTY. With T9 you hit about 4 keys and next, and you have the word. Suretype and full keyboard give 10 to 20 more word combination possibilites making it harder and slower
    2. Since T9 is only nine keys, the keys are bigger and you dont need to be as precise when pressing a button
    3. Again, since its only nine keys and the buttons are bigger, I can literally text a full conversation in one hand while driving and not even have to look at the keypad.
    Woah. Stop right thee. Are you saying that T9 buttons arebigger than SureType buttons?
    And that your gonna return to .75 just so you can hey multitap T9 functionality back?
    Are you . . . High?

06-01-09 11:18 PM
    No I'm not high.

And yes, the T9 buttons are BIGGER than the Surepress buttons. Its simple logic. 9 buttons vs 20 buttons. Obviously the less buttons you have, the larger the buttons will be.

And yes, I have not seen one benefit from the updates. Actually, I take that back. The only one benefit is the cursor for copy and paste as that is much improved. But I dont use copy and paste as much as I used to on the Pearl. I dont even use it all, so I'd be willing to sacrafice it for T9 functionality on the Storm.

Just because YOU don't like or don't understand something, doesn't mean that other people who do are stupid potheads or something.
    06-02-09 10:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD