I have been to the Verizon site and it still shows the old version of the software updated on 12/5/08. I am trying to find the file to download so I can install it to my desktop manager and then shrink the OS before installing. Has anyone got a link to downlaod this to your PC so it can be installed on the PC?
    06-01-09 03:53 AM
    I'm finding the same thing. Weird how so many people are able to "download" when we keep seeing 12/5/08 as the last update to .75. Is everybody pulling our leg?
    Running 5.0/.148 anyway, but that has nothing to do with what I see online.
    06-01-09 04:05 AM
    I'm finding the same thing. Weird how so many people are able to "download" when we keep seeing 12/5/08 as the last update to .75. Is everybody pulling our leg?
    I don't know. I called Verizon yesterday and they said it would be available when the OTA was available at 10 PM CDT. It sure isn't there yet.
    06-01-09 04:07 AM
    You've got to be kidding! All the posts about it today, from all kinds of people... yeah it's just a mass joke played on you!

That particular download won't be available until later this week, Tuesday is the scheduled day, I think. OP, if you can't wait... use the .148 leak download.
    06-01-09 04:10 AM
    Go to the blackberry.com update page and click update OS. make sure you phone is plugged in and already did a backup of your phone. Then it will ask you which version you want install.
    06-01-09 07:10 AM
    Go to the blackberry.com update page and click update OS. make sure you phone is plugged in and already did a backup of your phone. Then it will ask you which version you want install.
    I know you can do that. I do not want to do the install over the Internet. I want to install it on my PC and then Shrink my OS before installing. Blackberry.com does not give th option to download and install on the PC.
    06-01-09 07:12 AM
    06-01-09 07:31 AM
    I know you can do that. I do not want to do the install over the Internet. I want to install it on my PC and then Shrink my OS before installing. Blackberry.com does not give th option to download and install on the PC.

According to your signature, you're already using .148 that's been shrunk.

I know this is a really hard concept.... seriously it is...

If you want to DOWNLOAD .148 to your computer, use the LEAK. It is the exact same thing as the OTA download & the exact same thing as the Blackberry.com download. There is NO difference. If you can't comprehend this simple fact, go buy a Moto-RAZR because you don't deserve a blackberry.

Now you might say 'but but.. Verizon might have changed something in their official release'. WRONG. Verizon can barely update their website to be in accordance with 2009 standards for web content, much less modify an OS developed for a smart phone.

RIM makes changes to the OS, Verizon either approves or rejects the changes. If Verizon didn't approve of the .148 release, then they wouldn't release it at all. Any changes would be in the form of a new BUILD from RIM, which then would have to be approved by Verizon to be official.

.148 has been out for a while, downloading it from Verizon's website doesn't make it special.

ffs
    Last edited by Jeli; 06-01-09 at 07:35 AM.
    06-01-09 07:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD