I noticed at some point today that my accelerometer was getting really hokey and that is when I started getting mad at storm. I was also having problems with it wanting to be super slow. I had also lost the "wireless update" option in the advanced options menu. This has fixed most of that. I'm not saying it's perfect, but a little better!
    11-21-08 11:01 PM
    So can someone explain to me why a 9500 OS would work on a 9530?
    11-21-08 11:08 PM
    So can someone explain to me why a 9500 OS would work on a 9530?
    This is not a 9500 update; this is the current shipping software for the 9530. Most US Storm owners will not need to use this because they already have v65 platform82. Some folks (like myself) accidently downgraded their platform because the cd that ships with the Storm has a lower platform version than was installed on the phone. The link in this thread will restore those phones back to platform82.

Do not confuse this thread with a separate thread containing a link to the Vodofone update.
    11-21-08 11:13 PM
    The Vodafone will not work on the Verizon Storm correct, and where on my phone can I see what platform I'm running?
    11-21-08 11:15 PM
    ok well i just pealed mine back and what did i see nothing it is black under my sticker no writing at all
    Yep... there was a sticker under mine... 4.7.0.82
    11-21-08 11:24 PM
    I think I accidentally downgraded my phone earlier. Now it reads v4.7.0.65 (Platform 4.0.0.76). I didn't notice any difference at all, and everything is stable, so I'm just sticking with this until something newer comes out.
    11-21-08 11:35 PM
    Where do I see what platform I'm running?
    Nevermind, got it
    11-21-08 11:37 PM
    Where do I see what platform I'm running?
    Options ---> about
    11-21-08 11:38 PM
    I think I accidentally downgraded my phone earlier. Now it reads v4.7.0.65 (Platform 4.0.0.76). I didn't notice any difference at all, and everything is stable, so I'm just sticking with this until something newer comes out.
    The biggest problem that I had was the accelometer. When I got the phone I didn't have a whole lot of time to play with it, but I remember thinking that the accelometer wasn't nearly as bad as I had expected. After playing around and installing everything, I started noticing that the accelometer was going crazy! When I was walking with the phone, it would constantly change back and forth. That was the point where I was starting to get annoyed with the phone. It wasn't until I started looking through the threads tonight that I realized that I had downgraded it at some point today. Now the accelometer is working great!
    11-21-08 11:46 PM
    The biggest problem that I had was the accelometer. When I got the phone I didn't have a whole lot of time to play with it, but I remember thinking that the accelometer wasn't nearly as bad as I had expected. After playing around and installing everything, I started noticing that the accelometer was going crazy! When I was walking with the phone, it would constantly change back and forth. That was the point where I was starting to get annoyed with the phone. It wasn't until I started looking through the threads tonight that I realized that I had downgraded it at some point today. Now the accelometer is working great!
    It was a pain in the *** after it downgraded because a bunch of my settings got defaulted. My email, even though the accounts were showing, I had to delete them and set them up again to get mail. PITA, that's why I don't want to bother until a new version.
    11-21-08 11:49 PM
    Hopefully, this will help with some of the confusion...

If your Storm is displaying v4.7.0.65 (Platform 4.0.0.82) then you are currently running the most current version and platform. Therefore you do not need to run the current update on the VZW site. If you have accidentally downgraded through the Desktop Manager, you will need to upgrade again.

11-22-08 01:30 AM
    This is not a 9500 update; this is the current shipping software for the 9530. Most US Storm owners will not need to use this because they already have v65 platform82. Some folks (like myself) accidently downgraded their platform because the cd that ships with the Storm has a lower platform version than was installed on the phone. The link in this thread will restore those phones back to platform82.

Do not confuse this thread with a separate thread containing a link to the Vodofone update.
    The original post in this thread is a link to vodafone, and at the time .82 was up.
    11-22-08 01:52 AM
    Software For BlackBerry� Storm(TM) smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.7.0.86 (EFIGS_Dutch)

Package Version: 4.7.0.86
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 4.7.0.65
    * Software Platform: 4.0.0.76
    * File name: 9500_omadrmEFIGS_Dutch_PBr4.7.0_rel86_PL4.0.0.76_A 4.7.0.65_Vodafone_UK.exe
    * File size: 103.04MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...05D7C424EBAE5F

Notice the PLATFORM is .76 not .8x like everyone thinks...plus its also dutch lol
    11-22-08 03:44 AM
    its not only dutch
    its EFIGS_Dutch: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish AND Dutch
    11-22-08 04:52 AM
    VZW's web site on the support page has the latest os with 4.0.0.82 available for downloading. I'm in the process of loading it back onto my handheld now to see it it corrects the screw up that they created with this downgrading BS.. What a waist of time they have created.

Not Happy!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-22-08 12:48 PM
    VZW's web site on the support page has the latest os with 4.0.0.82 available for downloading. I'm in the process of loading it back onto my handheld now to see it it corrects the screw up that they created with this downgrading BS.. What a waist of time they have created.

Not Happy!!!!!!!!!!!!
    When your phone got downgraded did you lose a bunch of programs like BB messenger, Docs to go, etc?
    11-22-08 12:53 PM
    How do I find out if I am running 40082?
    Specific directions required...
    thanks

dy

never mind, found it in options/about
    Last edited by danayost; 11-22-08 at 12:58 PM. Reason: found solution
    11-22-08 12:54 PM
    Mine says os v4.7.0.65 and platform 4.0.0.82. I did plus it in to the desktop manager and it did some weird upgrade. Is this the software/platform I want? or is there something better more reliable.

I only did the upgrade because I figured it was newer, it happened on its own when I did the device transfer wizard when I went from my Curve to the Storm. I noticed after I did the upgrade the phone seems slower, or maybe its a mental thing since I am reading about it online.....
    11-22-08 12:54 PM
    My phone lost a lot of programs, like the internet, application center etc. I got online on the Verizon BIS and resent the service books.

However you might need to call customer service for them to reset your password on the Verizon BIS
    11-22-08 12:56 PM
    i have a mac..how can i get this update to work for me...i was one of the unlucky few who downgraded my platform when i was removing verizon navigator from my phone...

i still love the phone..

but i def notice the accelorameter acting all crazy...

soo...

any words of advice?
    11-22-08 01:17 PM
    When your phone got downgraded did you lose a bunch of programs like BB messenger, Docs to go, etc?
    when it was downgraded i didnt lose any programs. i did notice that gmaps and gmail apps didnt work properly.

i reinstalled the os from vzw's site. i'm back to normal and my storm is working great now. thanks everyone. happy again.
    11-22-08 05:39 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD