Folks, I have searched and can't find clear instructions on downgrading an os (the few I found really just focused on upgrading to a leaked os). Do I need to wipe the device before loading the os via shrink-an-os, or can I just uninstall 607 on my pc and use shrink to install 517?

Will I be able to restore my data from the backup (which was from 607) in DM?

Thanks!
    04-16-10 07:03 AM
    Ppl normally wipe the bb before installing new OS, just to be safe. Then load the new os using whatever you have like BBSAK/Shrink-OS. I highly suggest using BBSAK because this will allow you to backup third party app's and restore with loading a new OS. Make sure to backup your bb from your DM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-10 11:47 AM
    It isn't required to wipe your phone before installing a new OS. It doesn't really offer anything great other than piece of mind that you started from scratch. However if you're having issues while installing, I would suggest wiping before installing a new OS over your current one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-10 01:46 PM
    Its recommended to remove the present OS from the computer then install the new one (downgraded).

I've found this to be helpful and reduce frustration with the DM trying to upgrade everytime I connect my device.
    04-16-10 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD