From what I have been reading this fixes MMS... Not sure why it would but I am trying it now...
    Wonder if it will do anything with mem leak or radio too.

Any thoughts?
    03-30-09 08:39 PM
    If this is so then any further upgrades to beta leaked OS should start from .113 (if official), so upgrading should go .75->.113->next beta leak. Then when next official or leaked OS comes out if you are using a leaked OS, then downgrade to .113 before upgrading to it.

Maybe this is why there are so many differing opinions on the operation of .113 as many are moving to it from who knows what leaked OS.

There must be some continuity built in to the OS's like building blocks (.75 is foundation for .113 and so on). Perhaps we were never intended to go from leaked beta to leaked beta to leaked beta.

Just my slightly educated guess
    03-30-09 10:52 PM
    Why not .75.>.113>.114?
    03-30-09 11:02 PM
    You know I was going to try this exact procedure.

The best OS I have ran so far has been .114 hybrid v2 and that was after I did a wipe, loaded official .75, then upgraded to the hybrid.

I loaded .113 from hybrid and from a wipe and it was crap both times.

I have noticed that even after a wipe, if I download a third party app OTA that the icon will go to the place I last had it instead of to the download folder. I thought it was weird the phone remembered where I had had it previoussly and have been wondering what kind of artifacts in the memory might be making things funny.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 01:06 AM
    I have noticed that even after a wipe, if I download a third party app OTA that the icon will go to the place I last had it instead of to the download folder. I thought it was weird the phone remembered where I had had it previoussly and have been wondering what kind of artifacts in the memory might be making things funny.

That happens because you're restoring a database that controls that function, not because of what this fix description entails. If you're wanting more info, look in my MMS Fix thread in this forum. http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/mms-fix-194891/
    03-31-09 01:14 AM
    Well it sounds like its probably worth the extra step then. I did read the post in the MMS thread too. I'll report back if my .113 experience is significantly better doing this extra step. May not be able to do it for a day or two. Right now hybrid v3 is not running as well as v2 was for me. V2 was upgraded from .75 while v3 was updated from v2.

03-31-09 01:35 AM
    Your theme maintains a database of how you have your icons and folders organized.

If you did a backup of your databases and personal information, then if/when you restored that info, the database from your theme would keep your layout intact.
    03-31-09 01:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD