Does anyone know of an app or just a way to delete duplicate contact entries? Secondly I have VV through Verizon and for some reason the names won't show. Somehow I have an unknown sync source. Can someone help me please?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-10 12:45 AM
    Do a device backup first in case it all goes horribly wrong

Go into your address book, hit the menu key and select options.
    Beneath where it says "Contact Lists" how many address books do you have? You can click on each one and see the number of entries in each. The top one is normally the default.

Highlight the address book you want to clear, hold down SHIFT and type RSET
    05-04-10 03:59 AM
    My contacts went all to **** when I updated the OS this last time. Got double entries and entries missing. Was so glad I still have my old phone with all of them in it.

Almost switched to a droid after that bs. Will see what the next update brings.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-04-10 04:24 AM
    There is an app out there. Really easy to use. Forgot the name. But try in google: app duplicate contacts. I also saw it in the CrackBerryForum store!

05-04-10 07:52 AM
    Here ya go, somebody had posted this not too long ago.

BlackBerry App World - Contacts Cleaner
    05-04-10 10:45 AM
    This was an issue for me as well. After a little research I noticed it was b/c of the one way sync that gmail had. It was buggering my contacts.
    05-04-10 02:23 PM
    I had that problem too with BackUp Assistant in addition to Blackberry backup. I ended up deleting two sets and clearing BA, then backing up again.
    05-04-10 03:37 PM
    I have a storm 2 and don't know how to do the shift key. Is there a free way to do this? Also I have unknown as an option then my normal email. If I purchase this will it mess my phone up?

05-04-10 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD