I hope i have posted this correctly.

Basically i am getting the 'double click' thing on my storm2 once a day atleast. I upgraded the OS recently but its still doing it. Sometimes if i hit the screen hard it will start working which suspects me to beleive theres dirt under or around the screen itself?

But if i remove the battery the screen then starts to work, which leads me to beleive its the software.

What is it? is it common? how can i fix it its driving me insane.

Thanks
    04-15-10 12:35 PM
    1) besides the new OS, have you had the screen issue fixed
    2) could you explain more in detail what the double click issue is about
    04-15-10 06:37 PM
    I'm having this issue as well and it causes my BBMs and texts to "dump" before I can send them. I usually experience an issue when trying to hit the double space twice to end a sentence, and somehow it ends up with a click and double click and then the keyboard must think I hit escape. I only experience the double click at the bottom...no where on the letters on the keyboard.

Very frustrating and at one point I did not have it, but I don't recall now which OS I had loaded at the time.
    04-15-10 07:34 PM
    yes, i have the same problem..using .607 but did not have it using .428
    04-15-10 10:22 PM
    1) besides the new OS, have you had the screen issue fixed
    2) could you explain more in detail what the double click issue is about
    No never had the screen issue fixed because i dont know if its software related or not? hence why im asking on here.

I dont know how i can explain the problem exactly anymore than i already have but here goes...

Ok its done it again right now as i speak i click the screen it asks me UNLOCK, PLACE CALL, CANCEL OR EMERGENCY. So i click say UNLOCK and the box disappears, sometimes unlock WILL work then asks for my password to unlock which then when i type it the screen feels like it clicks TWICE on its own and then the box disappears.

HIGHLY HIGHLY frustrating because as i say to solve it i have to pull the battery then start the phone up, and we all know it takes like 5 minutes for these things to fully start up. And sometimes i desperatly need to make a call or sms.

v5.0.0.497 platform 4.2.0.220
    Last edited by J4GG4; 04-16-10 at 02:11 PM.
    04-16-10 02:03 PM
    As I posted in this thread earlier, I have been frustrated with "dumped" messages and they seem to dump when I push the screen and it gives me a quick double click.

Well I decided to take a look at the Screen/Keyboard settings, the Touchscreen section. My settings were:

Tap Interval 400
    Hover Period 600
    Swipe Sensitivity (High) 6

I changed Tap Interval to 200 and Hover Period to 500 and I haven't had a dumped message since. Nor have I had an accidental double click.

Maybe try tweaking some of those settings to see if it fixes your issues. I'm glad to say it seems to have fixed mine. I had gotten to the point I didn't even like using my BB anymore because of the dumped messages.
    04-22-10 10:56 AM
    As I posted in this thread earlier, I have been frustrated with "dumped" messages and they seem to dump when I push the screen and it gives me a quick double click.

Well I decided to take a look at the Screen/Keyboard settings, the Touchscreen section. My settings were:

Tap Interval 400
    Hover Period 600
    Swipe Sensitivity (High) 6

I changed Tap Interval to 200 and Hover Period to 500 and I haven't had a dumped message since. Nor have I had an accidental double click.

Maybe try tweaking some of those settings to see if it fixes your issues. I'm glad to say it seems to have fixed mine. I had gotten to the point I didn't even like using my BB anymore because of the dumped messages.
    You have completely mis read what the fault actually is.

Its either a screen fault OR a software/OS fault. The screen is LOCKED and asks for a password. You click the screen ONCE to unlock it, works OK you then go to type your password in and the screen DOUBLE CLICKS and on the odd occasion it will click like MAD. Its nothing to do with settings, its a screen fault or a software fault. I cant put my finger on it and its DRIVING ME INSANE. I have to pull the battery atleast 3 times a day because i cant get into my phone. And we all know BB takes 5 minutes to start up or something daft like that.
    05-02-10 12:25 PM
    Everyone experiencing this problem, do you use a protective case, screen protector or anything else or do you use your Storm2 'naked' ?
    05-02-10 12:27 PM
    Storm 2 is naked.

Its definatly a screen fault or OS fault. Probably a OS fault. Is there no fix? or anybody found the issue? Its not any screen protector causing it or screws under the back cover.
    05-02-10 12:33 PM
    I was experiencing multiple, unexpected clicks, just like you said you did. I tended to have it happening mostly when typing out messages rather than when entering my password. I found in my case that adjusting the settings in Screen/Keyboard mostly fixed my issue. I still have double clicks from time to time but apparently not to the degree you do. I can live with mine now that I adjusted my settings.

Sorry this solution doesn't work for you (I assume you at least tried).

I would say try to get it replaced under warranty.
    05-02-10 12:46 PM
    I was experiencing multiple, unexpected clicks, just like you said you did. I tended to have it happening mostly when typing out messages rather than when entering my password. I found in my case that adjusting the settings in Screen/Keyboard mostly fixed my issue. I still have double clicks from time to time but apparently not to the degree you do. I can live with mine now that I adjusted my settings.

Sorry this solution doesn't work for you (I assume you at least tried).

I would say try to get it replaced under warranty.
    Yeah i did try your solution which didnt make any difference. For me it ONLY happens at the password input screen. Never anywhere else.

Anyone know what BB warranty service is like? will they give me a replacement before i send the phone off? or?
    05-02-10 12:53 PM
    I had constant screen problems when the weather got warmer. Had to dump the s2.
    05-02-10 01:10 PM

vid of the fault in action.

To resolve i have to either:
    1. remove the battery
    or
    2. wait 15 or so minutes and it sorts itself out
    05-06-10 08:14 AM
    I solve this problem.
    It is necessary to bend springs and shove them under the silicone pads small size. I ckecked in the image

And try to set Screen:
    Tap interval: 200
    Hover Period: 500
    SWAP sensitivity: 6

It helps me
    05-07-10 01:55 PM
    I've had this issue as well, what worked for me was changing phones. I could duplicate the issue with pushing on the screen and slightly moving my thump upward from the bottom right.
    05-07-10 06:50 PM
    i have good days and bad dayswith this issue too.

it get very frustrating when messaging, the wholepoint in the bb.

today i was tempted to get my 9000 out and use that but the storm read my thoughts and sorted itself out.

Just plugged my storm in to the PC and found a core apps update, i know it wont solveit but this shows that they havent given up with sorting the device.

i have just put quickpull app on my home screen and it sorts it out, easier then a battery pull.
    Last edited by whos-rog; 05-07-10 at 07:19 PM. Reason: extra info
    05-07-10 07:17 PM
    I have this issue as well, but only after calls. For me to correct it, I have do a batt. pull or call my phone again and answer then put down or leave the phone for about 10 mins and it will sort itself out.

It's extremely frustrating.
    05-08-10 12:47 AM

vid of the fault in action.

To resolve i have to either:
    1. remove the battery
    or
    2. wait 15 or so minutes and it sorts itself out
    Dude, that sucks. I wasn't quite understanding what you were talking about until I saw it n video. That would be annoying. You need to send that device in. If it is a software thing, try updating your OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-10 02:25 AM
    I experienced the same issue. I was not sure if it was software related or hardware. The return key at bottom of unit would double click when I hit return or esc key and instead of going back one screen to message list would take me out of the messages I would be reading through. Driving me nuts. I put .607 release on which has screen fixes but it did not help the double clicking. It did speed up the screen responses. I had to downgrade to OS 320 as bluetooth was no longer working among othr issues. I had the unit replaced since it was only 6 months old. Working fine again, but I bet this will be a long term issue.
    05-08-10 11:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD