Hey all, I am sure someone knows the answer to this - and I don't...when I look at the programs added to my Storm, some of them are bolded. Any idea what that means?

Options/Advanced Options/Applications
    02-20-09 10:42 PM
    Hey all, I am sure someone knows the answer to this - and I don't...when I look at the programs added to my Storm, some of them are bolded. Any idea what that means?

Options/Advanced Options/Applications
    The ones in bold are those you have downloaded and installed yourself.
    02-20-09 10:43 PM
    I don't think so - as I see Agendus, and AP Mobile News (and many more) in a regular font and Beyond411 (and others) bolded.
    02-20-09 10:48 PM
    The only app on my list in bold is Docs to Go.
    02-20-09 11:16 PM
    Non standard permissions I believe

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 11:41 PM
    A good question that I've been meaning to ask! Thanks OP.
    02-20-09 11:44 PM
    Dabradman is right. When an app name appears as bold under apps it means that the default permissions have been changed for that app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 11:53 PM
    Hahahah, which leads to the follow up question. How do you define "default" permissions? I always let the app decide what the permissions are, so wouldn't that be the default permissions?
    02-21-09 09:00 AM
    Hahahah, which leads to the follow up question. How do you define "default" permissions? I always let the app decide what the permissions are, so wouldn't that be the default permissions?
    The bolded applications in the list are indeed those that have custom permissions.

If you go into the Edit Permissions screen, any individual option that is set to something other than the default is bolded. You can bring up the drop-down box for any individual permission and the one that isn't bolded is the default.

The phone dictates the default permissions for third party applications, not the user.
    02-21-09 09:30 AM
    The bolded applications in the list are indeed those that have custom permissions.

If you go into the Edit Permissions screen, any individual option that is set to something other than the default is bolded. You can bring up the drop-down box for any individual permission and the one that isn't bolded is the default.

The phone dictates the default permissions for third party applications, not the user.
    So then if the application wants specific permission and you let the APP decide what the permission should be when you install the app - it could end up bolded?
    02-21-09 12:23 PM
    set the app permissions when you download it
    02-21-09 12:32 PM
    So then if the application wants specific permission and you let the APP decide what the permission should be when you install the app - it could end up bolded?
    Yes. If any permission is set to something other than the default, it will be bolded.
    02-21-09 01:16 PM
    set the app permissions when you download it
    what if you dont?
    03-16-09 05:19 AM
    Giant Cashew is right, any apps with custom permissions will be bolded.
    03-16-09 05:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD