I've read alot about the storm before I recently purchased it. After messing with the phone for a few days I strongly believe that there is something seriously wrong with the battery indicator.

Reading up on the storms software you always see arguments about applications and themes using too much battery power but in the same thread people will say they don't notice any excessive battery loss.

When I first got my blackberry storm I installed quite a few applications and ended up with 15% battery loss per hour. I started over just using meterberry and monitored the usage. I have 5 bars 1xEV signal my phone stays still for 10hour+ durations. Why is it that the first day after starting over I used 2% battery per hour then 4% the next day? Sometimes the battery stays at the same percentage for hours.

Why does resetting the blackberry through software or physical battery pull have the ability to bring it down the battery life by 20%? How does that even make sense? People say because the startup is very battery intensive but thats obviously not the case. Restart it twice in a row and the 2nd restart won't use up near as much battery. Try charging your phone for a few hours and when you are sure its at 100% unplug it and restart. The phone will come back with 100% (maybe 99%) power...why?

I believe that when the phone first boots that is the accurate battery reading. I still need to do some more testing but I wanted everyones input here. Do you experience similar behavior from your blackberry storm?

I run .141/5.0.0.93 Hybrid by lyricidal. What about you?
    05-16-09 05:30 PM
    never noticed anything weird about my battery life. Its been pretty much the same since day one. Even with different OS loaded. I dont have any apps running in the background but I do use my storm for calls, texting and BB maps and internet. I would say im a heavy to moderate user and my battery life has never really changed.
    05-16-09 05:39 PM
    What about when you softreset or battery pull? Do you charge your phone for hours per day?
    05-16-09 05:41 PM
    What about when you softreset or battery pull? Do you charge your phone for hours per day?
    I use quickpull first thing in the morning other than that I dont have any need to reset it and the battery is at 100% for at least the first hour of use, then it will drop to 90% by lunch time.

I only charge it when I get home at night and I leave it on the charger all night. If Im early to an appointment and I have time to kill I might sit in my truck and surf the internet (crackberry.com) and I sometimes plug it in but thats just because I like to have a full battery.
    05-16-09 05:48 PM
    Meterberry logs incrementally. Any entry includes all activity of device since previous one. Options > status > battery gives reading that is updated to within 5% accuracy at any given time & thus may be easier 2 use.

Reboot is commonly max 5%. When phone is idle, battery level may remain constant & w/high usage (phone, web, games) discharge is 10-18%/hr from what i know.

I misinterpreted meterberry readings also when i used the app.
    05-16-09 06:19 PM
    I'm aware that meterberry logs incrementally. I have it set to record every 15mins. I am also double checking the status reading too.

A restarts battery usage shouldn't vary at all.
    05-16-09 06:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD