Old Model:
    PRD-19502-002
    RBW71CW
    Made in Canada
    New Model:
    PRD-19502-002
    RBW71CW
    Made in Canada

As you can see the new model is the same version and everything as my old model but the phone is completely different.

1. First thing I did was went right for the corners and boom what do you know the whole screen clicks evenly. No paper mod needed anymore.

2. Accelerometers seem different. I don't have to turn the phone 100% horizontal now to get it to flip. I can turn the screen 45 degrees and it flips it. I'm not sure if they did something new with them but it really is different

3. Speed! Wow this device is blazing fast compared to my old device. Changing orientation is instant, browsing is instant etc. It's still running 4.7.0.65 but it's a lot faster then my .75 unit.

For a few of you that are thinking "Well I did the screen click mod that should be fine" I would dial *611 right now and tell them you want a new phone. You shouldn't have to accept anything but the phone that they sent me. I would honestly return my phone 30 times if I had in order to get this one. It truly is like night and day.

Onto a different note: The Verizon Rep told me that when I send my old unit back just sent it back with the unit itself not anything on it. Including battery cover, battery, memory card etc. My question is the new unit has all this stuff included, am I really supposed to keep all the new stuff like a free gift lol?
    12-05-08 11:24 AM
    what is the return policy to get a new unit? 30 days?
    12-05-08 11:34 AM
    what is the return policy to get a new unit? 30 days?
    Yep 30, but I heard they extended that to January 15. Everyone should be under the 30 days though because the phone is only 2 weeks old.
    12-05-08 11:37 AM
    I would call back to verify that...... I am getting a replacement phone because of other issues but the rep didn't say that. Unfortunately I got an idi0t rep who like to use the work intriguing over and over so he may have left that part out. But to be safe, I would just call and ask.
    12-05-08 11:38 AM
    Pretty sure you have a 1 Year warranty.
    12-05-08 11:38 AM
    Yeah there is a 1 year warranty on the phone but they will send you a refurbished unit. If you're within the 30 days as their contract says they will replace it with a new unit. If they try to give you a refurbished one I would send that one back too.
    12-05-08 11:41 AM
    Yea, it is 1 year, but I think after X days they'll send you refurbs instead of new units.
    Every phone gets a 1yr warranty... but i too am curious about returning all the additional stuff, such as wall charger, headset, and batter... oh and did I mention 8gb mem card. HHMMM, this is interesting... has anyone done this yet??? If so, I think VZW will catch on pretty quick.
    You said that the old model and new model are the same 'model' but very different, are you sure about that? Or was it that your old model was just flawed in manufacturing or whatever? What else aside from performance makes you think they have a new model out?

Curious because I have yet to receive mine and hope that I receive a 'new model' and would like to be able to verify that it is the newer version.... thanks
    12-05-08 11:42 AM
    Yeah there is a 1 year warranty on the phone but they will send you a refurbished unit. If you're within the 30 days as their contract says they will replace it with a new unit. If they try to give you a refurbished one I would send that one back too.
    Phone is too new to have refurbised models available... also because pda's are not returned as often as your regular basic flip phone, they typically don't have refurb's available for the pda models so you typically just get a new one. Best way to know is if you get one in a box with nothing else in it, then it is a refurb. If you get one in a box with other stuff like chargers, ect... then its new. I've replaced my 8330 about 6 months after release and it was brand new with the accessories.
    12-05-08 11:45 AM
    You said that the old model and new model are the same 'model' but very different, are you sure about that? Or was it that your old model was just flawed in manufacturing or whatever? What else aside from performance makes you think they have a new model out?

Curious because I have yet to receive mine and hope that I receive a 'new model' and would like to be able to verify that it is the newer version.... thanks
    Well I haven't ripped it apart or anything but the difference is night and day with the device. I guess my old device could have been a bad unit but all the problems I have with mine are described by tons of other users to. I'm not sure if RIM caught on to the problems or not but it seems to me like they have made some adjustments in this new phone.
    12-05-08 11:45 AM
    Strongly considering sending mine in since so many people are claiming that the software and hardware are working better!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-08 11:46 AM
    I'm really starting to wonder if there is other wrong with the phones just over tight screws like said in the other threads. It would make sense because the model numbers are the same.

12-05-08 11:46 AM
    Yes return all the extras. He was telling you the standard answer. Same thing happened to me.

12-05-08 11:47 AM
    Phone is too new to have refurbised models available... also because pda's are not returned as often as your regular basic flip phone, they typically don't have refurb's available for the pda models so you typically just get a new one. Best way to know is if you get one in a box with nothing else in it, then it is a refurb. If you get one in a box with other stuff like chargers, ect... then its new. I've replaced my 8330 about 6 months after release and it was brand new with the accessories.
    Well tell that to the 10+ users on here who recieved a refurbished unit . Theirs came in a carboard box with nothing in it at all except the phone. Also all the pda's I've ever brought back were replaced with refurbished ones. Maybe I'm just unlucky though.
    12-05-08 11:47 AM
    Okay I found something new

I've never dropped my old unit I actually baby too much. Anyways if I shake it a little I can hear the accelerometers shaking side to side (I'm assuming that's what it is). On the new unit though I can't hear anything. Again I could have a faulty device or they may have changed the setup of the accelerometers. Can someone shake their phone and see if they hear anything?
    12-05-08 11:50 AM
    Not everyone is getting "perfect" phones returned to them when they ask for a replacement.
    12-05-08 11:50 AM
    Well I haven't ripped it apart or anything but the difference is night and day with the device. I guess my old device could have been a bad unit but all the problems I have with mine are described by tons of other users to. I'm not sure if RIM caught on to the problems or not but it seems to me like they have made some adjustments in this new phone.
    Yea who knows what went on at RIM, but its good to hear the new units are better. When did you receive your new one? Considering I still have yet to receive mine, i'm assuming its going to be the new verison with the latest software update, i'll just have to wait and see.
    12-05-08 11:53 AM
    Not everyone is getting "perfect" phones returned to them when they ask for a replacement.
    I know I was saying that I would keep returning them until they get a perfect one. There is no way you guys should have to settle for a phone that doesn't click when their are models out there that actually do work they way they should.
    12-05-08 11:53 AM
    Okay I found something new

I've never dropped my old unit I actually baby too much. Anyways if I shake it a little I can hear the accelerometers shaking side to side (I'm assuming that's what it is). On the new unit though I can't hear anything. Again I could have a faulty device or they may have changed the setup of the accelerometers. Can someone shake their phone and see if they hear anything?
    Accelerometers don't make noise.
    12-05-08 11:54 AM
    Yea who knows what went on at RIM, but its good to hear the new units are better. When did you receive your new one? Considering I still have yet to receive mine, i'm assuming its going to be the new verison with the latest software update, i'll just have to wait and see.
    I ordered my phone 2 days ago and it came in this morning.
    12-05-08 11:54 AM
    Accelerometers don't make noise.
    Okay good to know. It made sense though because it only makes the noise going 1 way and no the other. I'm not sure how they work but I picture there being 2 of them and if something is wrong with 1 of them then it could be making the noise. It's hard to explain but anyways something is making noise when I shake it horizontal but not vertically.
    12-05-08 11:57 AM
    Well tell that to the 10+ users on here who recieved a refurbished unit . Theirs came in a carboard box with nothing in it at all except the phone. Also all the pda's I've ever brought back were replaced with refurbished ones. Maybe I'm just unlucky though.
    A refurbished model is a a phone that was returned by a customer, was taken apart, put back together like new with whatever was wrong with originally, fixed. I just don't see how they could have that fast of a turnaround for refurbs when the phone has only been out for 14 days. Only other thing i can think of is that they could be defective models off the assembly line. Im no expert on refurbs, but I do know there is a process that takes place to make a refurbished phone. Which usually takes awhile. Also Im curious, how do you know it was refurbished. Did it say "refurbished" on the box/phone?
    12-05-08 12:00 PM
    A refurbished model is a a phone that was returned by a customer, was taken apart, put back together like new with whatever was wrong with originally, fixed. I just don't see how they could have that fast of a turnaround for refurbs when the phone has only been out for 14 days. Only other thing i can think of is that they could be defective models off the assembly line. Im no expert on refurbs, but I do know there is a process that takes place to make a refurbished phone. Which usually takes awhile. Also Im curious, how do you know it was refurbished. Did it say "refurbished" on the box/phone?
    Yeah it kind of shocked everyone when they posted pictures of it. The thread is floating around here somewhere.
    12-05-08 12:09 PM
    Yeah it kind of shocked everyone when they posted pictures of it. The thread is floating around here somewhere.
    Well that sucks!
    12-05-08 12:11 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD