Hello all, I'm pretty new to the forums so go easy on me please.

I have been doing tons of reading here and learning some really great stuff. So I decided to try the .109 update on my Storm.

I followed the directions to a "T" on how to install a beta release but I am having an issue. When I launch the Application Loader I cannot see the latest (.109) OS in the available updates.

Can someone point me in the right direction here? I tried JLCommander and wiped the phone and still no luck. If I am connected to the net I can see .65 and .75 but no .109. If I am not connected to the net I see nothing.

TIA for all your help.
    02-25-09 08:08 AM
    Have you downloaded and installed the .109 from the first post here? You have to do that first. If you've already done that, then open Windows Explorer and go to c:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and run the Loader.exe

That should take care of it (be sure you've done all your backing up and wiping before this step).
    02-25-09 08:12 AM
    Thanks for the quick response.

I tried that and I get 1 option in the screen (Email Setup).
    02-25-09 08:20 AM
    BTW, I do have .109 installed on the PC.

Sorry, forgot to mention that.
    02-25-09 08:21 AM
    Also try disabling your internet connection before you run DM.
    02-25-09 08:21 AM
    Tried.

I see no updates at all when disconnected from the net.

I see .65 and .75 when connected.
    02-25-09 08:23 AM
    Uninstall all other BlackBerry OS versions from your PC. What OS are you running on your PC (Windows XP, Vista, etc.)?
    02-25-09 08:26 AM
    Here is everything I can think of that might be pertinent info:

PC OS: Win XP Pro
    BBDM: 4.7.0.25
    Installed BB OS: .109

I have no other BB OS's installed on the PC.

I noticed something odd. I opened BBDM and went to the help/about to see what version I am running and I see 3 tabs "General" "Components" & "Device Software"

Under "Device Software" it shows me the .109 software. This is with my phone NOT connected to the PC
    02-25-09 08:32 AM
    delete the vender.xml..
    then just launch loader.exe in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    02-25-09 09:24 AM
    That appears to have worked kind of.

I am running the new .109 and did a restore and all looks well except I have no games now.

When I go into app loader and choose the .109 OS then click options, I have no programs listed in there like I didi with .75
    02-25-09 10:07 AM
    That appears to have worked kind of.

I am running the new .109 and did a restore and all looks well except I have no games now.

When I go into app loader and choose the .109 OS then click options, I have no programs listed in there like I didi with .75
    should be all there..are you scrolling down expanding each file?
    Check to see if it's listed in BDM now as well
    02-25-09 10:54 AM
    i run desktop manager with the device connected.... let it backup your device... while the device is still connected...close DM... then start it up again.. after you log in..it should recognize it right away....
    I did have a problem loading the software.... it gave me a fatal error reloading all of my device's backed up info... but I just loaded the backup info onto the device that i had gotten right before i did the update and it's been fine since.... i left the phone on a call all night to drain the battery while i was sleeping. did a full charge this morning when i woke up at 7:30... and i've been at 47 megs and 100% since after sending a bunch of emails....taking pics..and playing with the phone...i do keep my phone holstered when i don't use it.
    02-25-09 11:04 AM
    I found it by running loader.exe again. Nothing shows up in BBDM.

I appreciate all of your help on this. I was on the verge of going crazy.

Since I am doing this on my work PC, the problem could have to do with what permissions I have I guess.
    02-25-09 11:16 AM
    im having the exact same problem, except even if i delete the vendor.xml loader.exe still wont install it, even if i click add and select the files out of the shared dir, says files missing for email setup and wont install!??

HELP!
    02-25-09 01:20 PM
    ok, now in jl c ive selected restore to factory default, and now DM and loader automatically finds the update now no probs, but it still errors with the email setup files missing??

edit: i have now downloaded 2 copies of 109 from 2 different links off here, both same result??? can anyone point me in a direction of a copy that is 100% fine or if anyone has seen or knows why this has happened please help!?
    Last edited by moley85; 02-25-09 at 05:45 PM.
    02-25-09 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD