It seems as if this rumor has been started by store reps. Just the other day I was in the store and heard a rep trying to tell a customer that .103 was the latest official release. I stepped in the correct her and she was certain .103 was the latest official release as well as another rep trying to back her up finally another rep stepped in to correct her that it was indeed .75. (The customer that was being told this was having obvious hardware problems and the rep was trying to claim the "latest official" release might correct it when the customer had .75) So this goes to show you how trustworthy the store reps can be.

Needless to say, at the call center we haven't heard anything official or anything from any noteworthy sources. (Often times the higher up's will hint at things if anything noteworthy is coming up.)

So don't be getting your hopes up.

Indirect agents are also notorious for starting rumors. Some people seem to think that the indirect agents (or authorized agents/resellers) are in fact Verizon.
    02-20-09 12:41 AM
    .150 Is A Rumor. Its Not By Blackberry Co. Release True Read Before You Post!
    02-20-09 12:45 AM
    ... A new thread was really necessary for this?
    02-20-09 01:35 AM
    What I will say is not meant to upset ANYONE on this site. I do believe this thread is justified due to the current situation of the alleged ".150." Not everyone on this site will read multiple pages of a thread. Normally what they do is read the first post and then reply, leaving numerous other posts that may contain vital information unread. Just check some of the things that are posted. I use to take calls for Verizon Wireless (I was in an indirect agent and in no way an employee of Verizon) and have heard countless rumors and "excuses" from customers that store reps would tell them. They will do ANYTHING they can to get you out of the store if you're not going to spend money. They need their commission (NOW! Not ALL store reps are like this. There are those very reputable few who do believe in customers first, I have spoken to a few and directly thanked them for being an honest rep). This thread is needed to catch those few readers who do not read all posts in a thread so they will not continue to have hopes up of a version .150. If it so does magically appear then that will be great for all users. I have to say though, I will follow what the more experienced blackberry users of this site have to say (plus my own instincts). Again, my post is not meant to upset or anger anyone. I just agree that the .150 confusion should be cleared up so no one gets let down when it doesn't arise and start blaming RIM for something they haven't even created.
    02-20-09 02:59 AM
    Exactly. You made a new thread for this topic? This could've been put under the previous thread that is already made.
    02-20-09 03:01 AM
    Speaking of reps in stores, in my experiences, most of them don't know their @ss from their elbow.
    02-20-09 04:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD