So after two phones, I decided I'm done with the BB Storm.

It's been 12 days and I can say it's more stress than anything. I'm really not satisfied with the screen and to be honest, it's not going to get better in the near future. I don't want to keep exchanging for the inevitable. I am considering returning to my Treo and then wait for the Verizon Bold/Curve to come in a few months.

My question though is, how does it work? I recently resigned a two year contract for this phone. If I bring my phone back and say I'm really not satisfied, can I cancel my current contract, get a refund, and revert to my previous contract (had about half a year left)? Or do I lose my "new contract" credit since I signed up for the Storm?

Any thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated.
    01-09-09 09:47 PM
    if you are within 30 days of purchasing the blackberry storm, just bring it back, and go back to your old phone, and you will still have your NE2.
    01-09-09 09:49 PM
    So after two phones, I decided I'm done with the BB Storm.

It's been 12 days and I can say it's more stress than anything. I'm really not satisfied with the screen and to be honest, it's not going to get better in the near future. I don't want to keep exchanging for the inevitable. I am considering returning to my Treo and then wait for the Verizon Bold/Curve to come in a few months.

My question though is, how does it work? I recently resigned a two year contract for this phone. If I bring my phone back and say I'm really not satisfied, can I cancel my current contract, get a refund, and revert to my previous contract (had about half a year left)? Or do I lose my "new contract" credit since I signed up for the Storm?

Any thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated.
    get a curve--you won't regret the decision--VZW will release some new blackberrys in the first quarter(niagara, jupiter, apex) so you can switch to one of those devices also. If you were a VZW customer prior to upgrading you can just go back to your old device or go to the curve without penalty. You have 30 days to return it and go back to whatever you had or if you want to get something different.
    01-09-09 09:50 PM
    Sorry, what is NE2?
    Wait for the PRE! haha
    I think my worry is, since I upgraded to this phone and used my $50 credit and all, when I refund, would I be able to get that credit back towards my new phone?
    01-09-09 09:51 PM
    Wait for the PRE! haha
    Nah, it's okay. haha

It doesn't really interest me that much.
    01-09-09 09:51 PM
    Sorry, what is NE2?
    New Every 2 program vzw has for upgrading phones.
    01-09-09 09:52 PM
    Oh got it!
    01-09-09 09:53 PM
    I think my worry is, since I upgraded to this phone and used my $50 credit and all, when I refund, would I be able to get that credit back towards my new phone?
    no, u can only use 1 rebate---they won't let you get another rebate on a different phone.
    01-09-09 09:53 PM
    get a curve--you won't regret the decision--VZW will release some new blackberrys in the first quarter(niagara, jupiter, apex) so you can switch to one of those devices also. If you were a VZW customer prior to upgrading you can just go back to your old device or go to the curve without penalty. You have 30 days to return it and go back to whatever you had or if you want to get something different.
    This goes for the contract as well, correct? If I return my Storm, I'll revert back to my contract that still has four months to go?

If I return the Storm, I'm pretty done with Verizon, so I wouldn't be worried about getting another phone. I'd switch to Helio and the Ocean.
    01-09-09 09:59 PM
    This goes for the contract as well, correct? If I return my Storm, I'll revert back to my contract that still has four months to go?

If I return the Storm, I'm pretty done with Verizon, so I wouldn't be worried about getting another phone. I'd switch to Helio and the Ocean.
    correct---you will revert back to your prior contract---you will have 4 months left.
    01-09-09 10:01 PM
    no, u can only use 1 rebate---they won't let you get another rebate on a different phone.
    Well, since the phone is relatively new, I haven't submitted my rebate. Does this mean I still have my rebate then?
    01-10-09 01:14 PM
    As long as your in your 30 day limit, you can always revert back. It would just be like you never bought the phone.
    01-10-09 01:22 PM
    I would give the Storm another shot. This phone has a growing user base - I was at a "corporate store" on Wednesday and two people came in and reqeuested a Storm. One was a former Sprint customer who got sick of Sprint. I'm sure that some of these peeps will return the Storm but most won't. I think the OS will get a major update within the next 3 - 6 months.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 01:55 PM
    It would be nice if blackberry released all of the updated devices at once so you wouldn't feel like your downgrading if you decided to go with a curve of an 8830.
    01-10-09 08:00 PM
    does anyone know if the new verizon version of the bold will have international capacity? their curve isn't for international travel...yet. they have a similar worldwide berry but no camera or vid!
    01-10-09 08:08 PM
    does anyone know if the new verizon version of the bold will have international capacity? their curve isn't for international travel...yet. they have a similar worldwide berry but no camera or vid!
    It would make sense that it would, because it would be replacing the 8830 which is a world phone.
    01-10-09 08:12 PM
    Glad to see the complainers finally leaving
    01-11-09 12:14 AM
    Why not go to the store and ask?
    01-11-09 10:29 AM
    I would give the Storm another shot. This phone has a growing user base - I was at a "corporate store" on Wednesday and two people came in and reqeuested a Storm. One was a former Sprint customer who got sick of Sprint. I'm sure that some of these peeps will return the Storm but most won't. I think the OS will get a major update within the next 3 - 6 months.

Honestly, it was never a software issue. I loved the phone. I kept trying to rationalize keeping it because it was just that great. But in the end I just couldn't stand the hardware issues that both Storms (I got) suffered from. I just didn't want to keep switching phones and then spending another two or three hours updating everything I had. In time, I know the Storm will get better. Maybe then I'll come back to it.
    01-12-09 12:47 PM
    Glad to see the complainers finally leaving
    01-12-09 12:49 PM
    I have a similar question. I would like to return the storm and wait on the bold to come to VZN. The problem is I came to VZN from another carrier. They told me that the only way for me not to pay retail for a new device this year was to go back to my previous carrier. I have an 8830 from a previous CDMA carrier but it is not VZN. Anybody with some different insight?
    01-12-09 01:39 PM
    Return the phone, get a full refund, go back to your old carrier and come back when a new BB is offered.

01-12-09 04:18 PM
    I have a similar question. I would like to return the storm and wait on the bold to come to VZN. The problem is I came to VZN from another carrier. They told me that the only way for me not to pay retail for a new device this year was to go back to my previous carrier. I have an 8830 from a previous CDMA carrier but it is not VZN. Anybody with some different insight?
    Have you tried to see if you could use the old phone with Verizon. If its CDMA it wouldn't hurt to ask. If so, then go on a month to month contract after returning the Storm and then you should be able to upgrade once a device comes out that you like.
    01-12-09 04:31 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD