I carry my storm in a belt case. When I get a call, the phone first vibrates for a second or two, then my rigntone goes off, which happens to be a song from my music library. As soon as I flip open the case and touch/grab the Blackberry, the ringtone stops. Is this by design? Not that its a bad thing....I suppose its actually a good thing if your in a place where your ringtone may disturb someone, but what it does do is makes me think the caller hung up or the call otherwise was dropped, cause it stops vibrating and ringing. and on a goofy side note sometimes I like to listen to my ringtone/song for a few bars before I answer!
    01-28-09 12:09 PM
    I agree it really isn't a major issue. But like yourself, I have some pretty awesome ringtones and I would like to hear them for more than a second! I really thought it was a software bug, but I slowly came to the realization that it does make sense for it to do that.
    01-28-09 12:16 PM
    could you possibly be touching the mute button on the top of the phone when taking it out of the case?
    01-28-09 12:18 PM
    Defineitly not for me. I've actually been careful NOT to touch it. I thought thats what I was doing at first.
    01-28-09 12:19 PM
    I'm guessing this must just be making use of the accelerometer..when it sense movement, it automatically stops the ringtone. ?
    01-28-09 12:21 PM
    mine does this when its in the protective case that came with the phone.. But when I take it out of the case it stops for a second and than starts over instead of going threw the entire song ..

Any reason why it freezes when it comes out of the case?
    01-28-09 12:39 PM
    This is normal. The case that you have has a magnet in it which puts the phone in a sleep mode to conserve the battery. Same goes for the 83XX, 8900, and 9000. Look at your phone as your placing it into the case you'll notice that the screen turns off. So when your taking the phone out it "wakes up" the phone which is why the ringing stops.

Hope that helps.
    01-28-09 12:42 PM
    This is normal. The case that you have has a magnet in it which puts the phone in a sleep mode to conserve the battery. Same goes for the 83XX, 8900, and 9000. Look at your phone as your placing it into the case you'll notice that the screen turns off. So when your taking the phone out it "wakes up" the phone which is why the ringing stops.

Hope that helps.
    very much so thank you very much!
    01-28-09 12:46 PM

Hope that helps.
    i was thinking the same thing...
    01-28-09 12:46 PM
    very much so thank you very much!
    Not a prob.
    01-28-09 12:53 PM
    No, it is definitely all to do with the touch. I have a holster, but even when I do not have it in the holster, (just in my pocket) the ringer stops the instant my finger grazes the screen.
    01-28-09 03:39 PM
    If you have it in the holster its the magnet. If you have it on the table by itself, its the sensor on the blackberry.
    02-01-09 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD