View Poll Results: Does it make a difference????

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (works as it should)

11 73.33%
  • No still Dims/Brightens even set to off

4 26.67%
    Hello all,

Well what i noticed on two storms that when turning the dim feature off the screen still dims or Brightens.

Try this turn the feature to off and open your email icon (for the White background easier to notice), Now put the phone in a dark room or shaded area and then bring into light or bring up to light source before the screen goes to sleep mode and does it get brighter then dim or oppisite......??????
    01-05-09 12:45 AM
    lol, the brightness adjusts to the brightness in the room your in to stay the same..
    01-05-09 12:50 AM
    Crazy feature huh?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 12:53 AM
    I think this is a related concern -- I set the backlight to the lowest level (hoping to save battery charge) and that seems to make no visible difference, either. Anyone else tried this with same/different results?
    01-05-09 02:45 AM
    I've got my auto-dim turned off, and the brightness level set at 10% (which is plenty bright anyway, if you ask me).

It worked just fine on .65, but once I upgraded to the production version of .75 it started acting loopy - it's usually okay, but every once in awhile (both in portrait and landscape) it will randomly shoot up to a much higher brightness level, then dim again.
    01-05-09 02:50 AM
    Works great on my Curve.
    01-05-09 03:12 AM
    I haven't really looked into it.
    01-05-09 05:22 AM
    ...it's usually okay, but every once in awhile (both in portrait and landscape) it will randomly shoot up to a much higher brightness level, then dim again.
    No big deal, but I've had this same experience.
    01-05-09 10:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD