I'm having a boatload of trouble getting my BIS/Outlook setup to sync messages through the USB cable. I am curious what setups/configs others have so I can try to mimick it as closely as possible and hope for the best. My problem is that if a message comes to my domain mail and hits my outlook client and the BB and I delete the message on one or the other it will reconcile when I sync. Currently it is not. Thanks for any help!
    01-15-09 01:44 AM
    You're not getting responses bc no one really understands your problem. First, there is no need to sync messages via usb cable. Messages will come to your BB simply by setting up the address in BIS, and you can continue to use any other email client to also check these messages from a computer. If you want to delete a message on the BB and have that message deleted from the mail server, turn on that setting in the BB email options. If you are using a POP connection on your desktop then the mail is stored ON your computer, so deleting it from the BB will remove it from the mail server, but certainly not from your computer. If this bothers you, use an IMAP connection from your computer if IMAP is available from your email provider.
    01-15-09 05:37 AM
    If you are using a POP connection on your desktop then the mail is stored ON your computer, so deleting it from the BB will remove it from the mail server, but certainly not from your computer. If this bothers you, use an IMAP connection from your computer if IMAP is available from your email provider.
    Thank you for your comment. Do you actually use an IMAP setup?

Because for me it has never worked (neither using POP - where the mails deleted on the PC mail client *are definitely* also deleleted on the server if I want to - nor using IMAP). Deleting on the BB will work and sync with the mail client (using IMAP).

However, deleting a mail in the PC mail client (be it IMAP or POP) has never ever deleted that message on my BB!?
    02-18-09 10:51 AM
    Don't use POP or IMAP. Use OWA if you have that as an available conduit on your Exchange server.

With the introduction of BIS2.5, RIM was supposed to allow for bidirectional reconsile on BIS setup accounts. I've had it reconsile both ways, but it's not as instant as it is when you delete from the BB and reconsile to the server. It normally happens on the next email poll is what I've found. Sometimes it takes a couple as well. It's really been hit and miss. As for the long outdated OP's question, you can't reconsile message with DM if you've setup via BIS.
    02-18-09 11:26 AM
    Thank you! I will try out your OWA suggestion during the next days!
    02-18-09 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD