Does the storm work on the 3g network?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 05:17 PM
    05-23-09 05:18 PM
    Worlds first touchscreen 3G blackberry ring any bells?...

05-23-09 05:25 PM
    3G in Europe not here 1XEV OR EDGE only in the US

05-23-09 05:27 PM
    3G in Europe not here 1XEV OR EDGE only in the US

Right... but those are US's version of 3G.
    Last edited by Morf32; 05-23-09 at 05:34 PM.
    05-23-09 05:29 PM
    No edge is 2G buddy

05-23-09 05:30 PM
    No edge is 2G buddy

Sorry... didn't realize that. 1XEV is 3G.
    05-23-09 05:31 PM
    EDGE is 3G, edge is 2G
    I was almost positive that was the case until my "buddy" corrected me (I'm on Verizon, so I didn't want to argue in case I was wrong). Thank you!
    05-23-09 05:35 PM
    Lies EDGE IS NOT , only difference is with edge u can only make and rec calls and text ,EDGE u can do anything including email mms browse the web use bbm and streaming alps I.e. Youtube pandora slacker etc

05-23-09 05:36 PM
    Lies EDGE IS NOT , only difference is with edge u can only make and rec calls and text ,EDGE u can do anything including email mms browse the web use bbm and streaming alps I.e. Youtube pandora slacker etc

You are correct sir. I retract my ATT statement. ATT's EDGE is NOT 3G.
    05-23-09 05:41 PM

According to ATT themselves:
    EDGE is a third-generation, high-speed, mobile data and Internet access technology. It's fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services including video and music clips, full picture & video messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and email on the move.

So EDGE is 3G
    05-23-09 05:44 PM
    Np just don't want ppl buyin a storm cause some1 said it would work on 3G u know which in my opinion isn't a deal breaker just a tad slower

05-23-09 05:44 PM
    According to ATT themselves:
    EDGE is a third-generation, high-speed, mobile data and Internet access technology. It's fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services including video and music clips, full picture & video messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and email on the move.

So EDGE is 3G
    On paper yes on our devics no....
    So 3G is really 4G lol? Give me a break........
    Last edited by majgi; 05-23-09 at 05:53 PM.
    05-23-09 05:50 PM
    Officially, EDGE is a 3G network (just like EVDO and UMTS) according to the International Mobile Telecommunications-2000. In practice, it's much slower than EVDO or UMTS.
    05-23-09 05:56 PM
    Officially, EDGE is a 3G network (just like EVDO and UMTS) according to the International Mobile Telecommunications-2000. In practice, it's much slower than EVDO or UMTS.
    I read somewhere that in actual speeds, it is more like "2.5G". That was the comparison that was given, anyway.
    05-23-09 05:58 PM
    I read somewhere that in actual speeds, it is more like "2.5G". That was the comparison that was given, anyway.
    that would be correct. GPRS is 2G, EDGE is 2.5G, UMTS is where the 3G speeds come into play. as someone stated above (at least for web browsing anyway) 3G isnt really a deal breaker for me either. the opening of web pages is only marginally faster at best.
    05-23-09 06:09 PM
    the capitol letters indicate connection to RIM servers, lowercase indicates no RIM connection, but still network connection.

lowercase letters and uppercase are the same network connection.

RIM hosts data services for browser, I.M. apps, email, etc, on their servers. so if you have lowercase, none of those services will work. uppercase indicates that you have connection and everything works.

make sense?
    05-23-09 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD