I don't have a Storm but plan to get one in a while.

My lowly Moto W385 has GIN and I use one its apps, MyCast 5 Weather. I use it every day for current weather, forecasts, radar, etc but it's best use is it sends me weather alerts; lightning strikes(so many miles from my location), tornado watches/warnings, freeze warning(already have had several freezes here in middle GA!), fire watches, etc. Really helpful when I'm out fishing.

Just want to know if that's available in the mighty Storm. Yes, I know I could bring up the browser and load Weather Underground, etc, but that won't send me those important alerts.

Btw, does the Storm's browser allow for Favorites as IE and FF do?

TIA,

Dan
    11-22-08 06:31 PM
    I'm pretty sure no BB's have GIN.
    11-22-08 06:36 PM
    ........No.
    11-22-08 06:36 PM
    yea you can bookmark
    11-22-08 06:37 PM
    as for the weather thing... there are tons of weather programs for bb.
    11-22-08 06:38 PM
    Yeah I doubt it but there are so many other programs, alerts and software for weather on blackberries that you should adapt pretty quickly heh. You can pretty much take your pick, even programs that update an icon on your desktop as to how the weather is by push. And then by clicking them it will give you a detailed version of the weather.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 06:39 PM
    WOW! Thanks so much for the very quick and helpful replies. Y'all are the best.

I just wish I had a Storm but it's going to be a while. I'll just keep on enjoying all the great tips, experiences, etc and live vicariously.
    11-22-08 06:56 PM
    I currently have the Storm. You can bookmark websites in the browser, however the phone does not have VCast which is where the Get It Now feature comes from. I did talk to someone at the store who said that they will be releasing the VCast (Get It Now) software soon.
    11-22-08 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD