Talking about the heat/humidity problems the STORM I has. Does the STORM 2 have the same problem?
    06-15-10 11:05 AM
    Yes it does.

This is what I read:

Does the STORM 2 have the screen sensitivity problem the Storm I had?

For copy and paste the issues are still evident. The heat and whatever I have no idea about........
    Last edited by MobileMadness002; 06-15-10 at 04:40 PM.
    06-15-10 11:06 AM
    my screen works flawlessly enough that I don't have any noticeable issues whatsoever. others just can't seem to get a phone that works right. sucks to be them.
    06-15-10 11:31 AM
    What are the heat and himidity problems? I am not sure I know what you mean. Just not familiar with the issue. My screen works very well though.
    06-15-10 12:42 PM
    I would like to know what the issues are also... I haven't heard anything about them yet and just got myself a Storm 2... Seems to be working perfectly so far and having no issues...
    06-15-10 12:59 PM
    I would like to know what the issues are also... I haven't heard anything about them yet and just got myself a Storm 2... Seems to be working perfectly so far and having no issues...
    +1 I have S1 & S2 and never heard of the heat/humidity issues. And it probably does suck, which is why they come here looking for help.
    06-15-10 01:03 PM
    Heat & humidity are friends to NO phone, but the Storm line is no worse than any primarily screen based phone. They all don't handle it well, but it's only an issue in extreme cases. If you work on a highway crew in the deserts in Arizona for example, the Storm (or the iphone for that matter) is not a good phone choice!
    06-15-10 01:33 PM
    Heat & humidity are friends to NO phone, but the Storm line is no worse than any primarily screen based phone. They all don't handle it well, but it's only an issue in extreme cases. If you work on a highway crew in the deserts in Arizona for example, the Storm (or the iphone for that matter) is not a good phone choice!
    It probably wouldn't be too "happy" if it was stuck on a jet ski with propulsion problems, in the middle of Lake Mead when it's 106 degrees, either...
    06-15-10 01:58 PM
    I'm guessing it doesn't have quite the problems the 1 had then.
    06-15-10 02:01 PM
    I haven't had problems with the Storm 1 or the Storm 2 with extreme heat conditions. Then again, I owned the Storm 1 during the winter time and the Storm 2 is the only phone I've owned that experienced frequent heat. I live in FL, so I would assume if it would have a problem anywhere, it would be here.
    06-15-10 04:08 PM
    I too have had these problems, at times the screen feels like it'd lock up or be difficult to press when it's cold
    06-15-10 08:07 PM
    My 9530 becomes useless after 5 minutes (sometimes less) outside when it's humid (I live in Iowa). Not on the lake, not in the desert, not on a highway crew. In the freakin' yard. Only fix is 30 minutes in the air conditioning or reset the phone. I'm in and out all day for work and I end up resetting 5-10 times a day. Verizon basically told me my phone works perfectly. So my options are shell out hundreds for a new phone or suck it up till October. I love this phone WHEN IT WORKS, which is less and less. I would love to know as well if the storm 2 fix's this problem. if not, android it is next time (unless the iphone gets to verizon...)
    06-27-10 09:40 PM
    this is a tough questions......i can only say...that theres gap at the edge of the screen..and the screen is actually held by this rectangle plastic frame...that clicks onto the phone main board....and the electronic sensor for the surepress...

ahahah so hard to explain...when it gets wet and extremely cold....i do feel the surepress a little harder to press..

maybe next time when you have the problem.. you check the temperature of your phone and see hows the weather! hohoho
    06-27-10 09:55 PM
    don wana start a new thread.. so sorry for divert the topic a little.....

was thinking.... you guys know? the holster for storm2? there is magnet...so when you put the phone into the holster.. the phone went off into standby mode... pretty cool there to save battery...

but i was thinking....what if my phone now is not in a holster...and nearby there is some big magnets or whatever... will it turn off my phone and go standby?
    06-27-10 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD