Hello All,

This might seem like a ridiculous question, but does the application PhoneLock actually check your thumbprint and not lot anyone else access your phone? Just curious... If it did that would be amazing, if not, there is nothing special about it then... Anyone can get at your phone...

PhoneLock Blackberry Storm App | StormGrounds.com

Thanks,

raiderleaf
    03-02-09 09:04 AM
    Visual gimmick I would say
    03-02-09 09:06 AM
    Yeah, any finger on any person will work.
    03-02-09 09:18 AM
    No..

Storms do not have a biometric scanners built in the screen and that lock program is all nothing but a fancy pretend scanner.
    03-02-09 09:24 AM
    Thank you for your input. At least it looks nice :-D
    Last edited by raiderleaf; 03-02-09 at 11:00 AM. Reason: People took offense unintentionally
    03-02-09 10:06 AM
    This App = Fail then.
    A bit strong, don't you think?
    03-02-09 10:08 AM
    WOW.. lotsa people like it just as a simple lock and "press here" to unlock. I think insulting the app like that is a bit harsh. DMG has been banging out free apps for the storm now for some time so i think you could be a bit more respectful.
    03-02-09 10:10 AM
    A bit strong, don't you think?
    Lol I didn't mean it to be mean, I was just trying to say that I got all geeked up hoping that it would keep people out of my phone, but it failed because it was just a gimmick. I wasn't trying to offend anybody.
    03-02-09 10:10 AM
    WOW.. lotsa people like it just as a simple lock and "press here" to unlock. I think insulting the app like that is a bit harsh. DMG has been banging out free apps for the storm now for some time so i think you could be a bit more respectful.
    This was not an insult to DMG. I just don't like others getting into my phone and I was really excited about the prospect of a fingerprint signature to get in, but it turned out to be just a gimmick. I never meant any ill will by the comment, people please just calm down :-D
    03-02-09 10:12 AM
    it says right on the website "novelty"
    03-02-09 10:35 AM
    Thank you for your input. This App = Fail then. At least it looks nice :-D
    Yeah you're probably right. Would you mind redirecting us to the OTA link of your thumb-scanning lock application? I'm sure most of us would be interested.
    03-02-09 10:39 AM
    Really, I don't think that somebody who actually asked this kind of question should be criticizing the app somebody created for no profit.
    03-02-09 10:41 AM
    again the OTA link is on the site that the OP posted a link to
    03-02-09 10:41 AM
    again the OTA link is on the site that the OP posted a link to
    Wow you completely missed my joke . I was asking for the OTA to the OP's lock application not DMG's. I forgive you lol.
    03-02-09 10:43 AM
    my bad... cut the guy a break after all he is a leafs fan
    03-02-09 10:51 AM
    Wow, I am truly amazed at how some of you are taking this. I totally didn't mean to offend anybody and you people are nailing me to the cross... sheesh. I was just simply stating that I was hyped up about it actually being useful for security because people always touch my phone and it would be nice if it only recognized my finger! The fact that it does not work like that doesn't mean that I don't think that it is useful to someone or that it doesn't look cool, it just means I kind of was let down.

Please relax people, sheesh.
    03-02-09 10:59 AM
    I think some people are just a little surprised that one might think that just because the screen shows a picture of a random thumb print with the words "Access Granted" in gimmicky green electronic font, that the Storm is actually a thumbprint reader. Perhaps those people think it's obvious, well-known or blatantly clear that the Storm does not have thumbprint reading capability.
    03-02-09 11:40 AM
    I think some people are just a little surprised that one might think that just because the screen shows a picture of a random thumb print with the words "Access Granted" in gimmicky green electronic font, that the Storm is actually a thumbprint reader. Perhaps those people think it's obvious, well-known or blatantly clear that the Storm does not have thumbprint reading capability.
    Didn't hurt to ask, did it? Don't make assumptions either way, it doesn't hurt for somebody to ask about an App, whether it is free or not. People want to learn, and I just had a simple question. Don't make a huge deal out of it please.
    03-02-09 11:54 AM
    Mods, Please lock so the hate can stop.
    03-02-09 11:57 AM
    Mods, Please lock so the hate can stop.
    QFT this thread = fail...
    03-02-09 12:01 PM
    no one is hating (at least i am not, except for the leafs avatar) i was just stating it says novelty on the website so therefore the question was answered without the need to start a thread. people would save themselves the flaming and wasted forum space if they just took the time to read things.
    03-02-09 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD